An UPDATE!!!!!

Yes I am alive!!

Kind of dropped off the face of the interwebs after ranting about my failing long distance relationship here a while ago.

Long story short (to those who don't really know):

- Boyfriend at the time left to study abroad in Europe for 6 months.

- Tried long distance. Was extremely difficult. Couldn't do it, so decided to end things.

Now here's the thing: I am dating somebody new and feel quite strongly towards them. And now my now ex boyfriend is coming back in about a months time and is evidently not over me. He sends me LONG messages from time to time about how he's so angry that I'm dating somebody new so fast, and that we should see eachother to seek some closure. However I'm pretty sure him and I both know that if we see eachother, old feelings are just going to rush back. I mean the last time we were PHYSICALLY together was when we actually were together as a couple, yanno??!!

My boyfriend as of right now doesn't want me to see him either. Just because well.. he's doing what a normal boyfriend would be doing in the presence of an ex. I'm really confused. I mean I feel as if I really like the guy I'm with right now. But the whole fact that my ex is coming back is slightly throwing me off a bit. I don't exactly know what kind of advice I'm seeking out. Penny for your thoughts I suppose?

Oh for phukk's sake....

I'm at the limit of my patience here. I've been sleepless all night so somewhat crabby and not a little tired.

Your current BF has every right to get a bit pissy.

Your ex is your ex.

it's over, and has been for a little while.

You've moved on.

Don't start prevaricating and being indecisive.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that your ex coming back on the scene should throw you, even a little bit. If you're seriously into your current BF, that is.....

Write to your ex and tell him to keep away.

you don't want to see him, it's over, it's done with and you have no interest in reviving or resuming anything.

he lost that chance before.

it was all too much of an effort to keep something special alive. long-distance, so frankly you can't give him the time of day now, to be honest.

yanno?

• Like 3
  • Author
Oh for phukk's sake....

I'm at the limit of my patience here. I've been sleepless all night so somewhat crabby and not a little tired.

Your ex is your ex.

You've moved on.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that your ex coming back on the scene should throw you, even a little bit. If you're seriously into your current BF, that is.....

you don't want to see him, it's over, it's done with and you have no interest in reviving or resuming anything.

it was all too much of an effort to keep something special alive. long-distance, so frankly you can't give him the time of day now, to be honest.

yanno?

The cold hard truth! Good point. What the hell am I contemplating this for...

because actually, it's flattering, and you have a history.

But raking it over and bringing it to the surface is a bad idea.

All you get, first and foremost, is the weeds.

And you really don't want something pernicious and unwanted invading your space.

Please, quit the contemplating.

Do the right thing.

Be good to your current fella, and nip this ex- in the bud.

before something really dumb happens.

• Like 1
Oh for phukk's sake....

Your ex is your ex.

You've moved on.

yanno?

Ouch! Somebody had a bad night! :laugh:

I agree though. If your relationship with your ex was so good, esstea, you would have stuck with it. Six months is nothing.

That said, if you're contemplating your ex whilst in a new relationship, how special is your new relationship? :confused:

• Like 3
Ouch! Somebody had a bad night! :laugh

On the contrary - I had a very good night - I saw it all the way through! :p:D

Werdly, athough I feel slightly as if I've been pummelled with a sledgehammer, I actually managed to get some things done.

I'm not one to lie on my back, staring at the ceiling, thinking "Ho-hum I can't sleep...."

I need to get up and DO something.

So I made some gravadlax, Mackerel pate, tidied the kitchen, emptied the dishwasher, put a washload in, did some ironing, wrote a letter and fed the fish.

Really sorry, esstea very off topic!!

• Like 1
  • Author

LittleTiger, I think it's just a mere curiosity thing... if it came down to it, I'd definitely choose the one I'm with.

Haven't you (or anyone reading this) ever had an ex who just came up? Weren't you curious?

THERE YOU R : ))

Girl you had some of us worried and wondering and i'll go right with a lady of ***** sake :D NO don't do it.

He had fun did god knows what while with whom kept you waiting like a puppy and begging for few moments and ounces of affection NO let the b.... suffer now see what he lost if he still cares.

Yes its natural to be curious but curiousity killed cat !!!!

don't ya loose a diamond you have now for a shiny piece of glass you had before ...

LittleTiger, I think it's just a mere curiosity thing... if it came down to it, I'd definitely choose the one I'm with.

Haven't you (or anyone reading this) ever had an ex who just came up? Weren't you curious?

yup.

It left me cold, wondering what the hell I ever saw in the idiot.

You two mutual broke off because you couldn't handle long distance.

You knew he was going to come back and obviously would want to see you, since seemingly you two are still in contact with one another.

I agree with Tara, he is your ex now, you decided to move on, your ex didn't. Your boyfriend has all right to be protective.