Losing the Routine

My SO and I have just over 100 days left in the long distance portion of our relationship. That is amazing and exciting.

However, he started a new job this week and I started my last semester at school. Combined, our communication routine is now on the way out. He has taken on an additional 15-20 hours of work each week (depending on the week). He's currently dealing with a significant commute and will soon be moving.

In addition, the new job is moving him out of the city we'd been planning for, which will make it much harder for me to find a job and make the move. This is stressing us both out, which makes the situation worse.

How do you deal with major life changes while living apart? Have you had to deal with a major change in communication habits?

I welcome any advice.

Grit your teeth girl and "deal" with it its only 100 days more seems like forever I get it but keep thinking of each day as one less and then its over !!!!

5 min a call a day everyone can manage so can you two yeah not enough

but its enough for hey i miss you and love you can't wait for this to be over

talk to you later conversation ...

• Author

To be clear, nothing will make me give up on this, especially this close to the end. Being apart has shown us both how much we want to be *together* and solidified our commitment to each other. I will absolutely suck it up and deal, and I won't whine or complain because I don't want to make him feel bad. As it is, I feel like I over "I miss you" him.

I just want to find a way to make it easier... and I'm guessing a way doesn't exist :/

HUGS

I think you just nailed it : ))) no unfortunatly there is not but hey

we have pretty good comunity here even if we are sprinkled with few rotten apples to get us trough things like that ...