Cupid Is On Its Way

Hello everyone its been a little while : ))) hope all are happy healthy and still in love eh ? OK now I know February 14 for most of us is not one of the greatest days easy to see why right but it still needs to be acknowledged.

So how are we old pro's at LDR gonna do that : Ignore it hope it goes away real fast, Get mad if our s/o forget all about it , spend it being around them online if nothing else can be done, put silly and cheesy stuff all over their FB and send even more mushy love cards and mails or be lucky to spent it with them in person.

Now another part of the question is and am curious here what about new just budding first valentine 1-3 months perhaps relationships how do we manage that tricky one who says something first who does something mushy and just how much is allowed to do and not go over board?

( general curiosity type of question )

ps: And am I only one who "hates" those uber ultra fancy fussy restoran type dates and red roses types of dates man should not that time be spent in more relaxing casual atmosphere just "two" of you?

And not 30 other people around you and waiter who comes by every 5 minutes and you can't really even eat either nerves you know not to even mention fortune spent on that meal dress and champange ?

Bleh..

I've never had a boyfriend, or a date, or a guy who was even interested in me on a Valentines Day, and all my friends usually DID have something special going on that day, so I always had to spend the day alone and try to ignore it and not feel like such an unwanted loser girl sitting at home by myself every year -.-

I'm not the kind of girl who complains about valentines day though, I don't like to project bitterness IRL, I just try to ignore it and stay happy when in the back of my mind I know there are a lot of super precious in-love couples out there having a wonderful day. Valentines Day, New Years, and my Birthday are the 3 days out of the year that really make me down and make me realize how alone I am..

Already feel that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach just thinking about it!

Our first Valentine's day was 3 months after we started our relationship ie after meeting IRL.

I said something along the lines of 'erm it's Valentine's day in a few weeks, are we going to do Valentine's day?'

We mutually agreed not!

This will be our fourth and we completely ignore it every year. It means nothing. We do nice things for each other all the time so we don't need a special day.

• Like 2
Our first Valentine's day was 3 months after we started our relationship ie after meeting IRL.

I said something along the lines of 'erm it's Valentine's day in a few weeks, are we going to do Valentine's day?'

We mutually agreed not!

This will be our fourth and we completely ignore it every year. It means nothing. We do nice things for each other all the time so we don't need a special day.

I think that I would like to experience a "typical" valentines day just ONCE, to see what it's like (chocolates, flowers or a teddy bear, maybe dinner)... but I can also see how NICE it must be to just mutually agree not to make a big deal about it... I figure once you have that significant other that you're happy with, you don't NEED to make a big production out of it, and you don't have to feel badly because you don't have that "alone" feeling that you get from being single on that day!

• Like 1
  • Author

As I said I despise "fuss" about it but at least it should be mentioned

Besides If he showers me with love on that day only what about the rest of 364 days in year ?

• Like 1