New Here!

Hello all! I am in a LDR with my boyfriend. We met last January and started dating in March. In September he moved across the state to his hometown for a very good job oppourtunity. In terms of a LDR it could be worse. He is 300 miles away, about 5 hours by car. We see each other just about evey 2-3 weeks. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I am a teacher so when I have long breaks I go and stay with him longer.

I thought of moving there with him but I have 3 children who are my world. Their father lives here, their whole family, they have been going to the same school since preschool. This means a lot to me and I don't feel that moving them would be in their best interest.

As a result we have decided to try and make this work until he moves back. Which could be at least a few years. We were doing this blindly for the last 4 months and this past week I broke up with him. I was feeling angry and resentful all the time. I understand why he moved but sometimes I just blamed him for the way I was feeling. But being broken up is harder than being together. I want to make this work and he really does too. My kids adore him and he adores them. My whole family loves him and everyone thinks we are perfect for each other. Friends and family were shocked when I called it quits. I want to be with him! So I decided I needed to "learn" how to do this. I need to seek out advice and figure out the "rules". He is trying to make a better life for himself and eventually for me and he needs my support.

So, all that being said I would appreciate any and all advice. I have never been in love like this before and if there is any way to make it work then I want to do that. Thanks so much!!

All I can say is if you love him like you say you do, stick it out and make it work. I've been in a LDR for 4yrs, it's not easy, but I think it's worth it in the long run. Stay strong without him, keep your head up. You can do it. Good Luck!