Need support

trinkletinkle

It's been 3 weeks since he left. Prior to that, we spent a whole beautiful month together. The both of us haven't felt this way for someone in a looong time, it is so nice. Love the 2nd time around is definitely sweeter for the both of us! :love:

He travels a lot for work, but lives in the same city as I do. I know, I'm lucky. But this time, he will be away for 6 months, won't be back until mid-June. :( I've been trying my best to move on with my life, try different things, see friends, but something is still missing. Obviously him, but this void is really affecting my mood day to day. I have good days and bad days, similar symptoms as going through a break up.

Sigh, I miss him. He is something else, the best guy I've met yet. He has strong feelings for me as well. Realizing now that I need support, my friends can't relate. Any words of wisdom or encouragement would be great. Thanks.

I know how you feel.

When my current partner and I first met, it was online back in 2001 and we emailed and chatted online for 9 months before meeting for the first time. Then we would fly back and forth between our respective states. We would see each other for between 3-4 days every 3-4 weeks, and it was just BLISSFUL when we were together but SO HARD when we had to say goodbye. I remember vividly being at the airport and in tears, hugging her close, before one of us had to fly back home. Then the one who wasn’t flying had to get the bus or a cab back home and it was just this feeling of being utterly alone again. Then that night we’d be on the phone, all sad and pining for each other. Then we’d cheer up and start planning and booking the next visit. It helped us. And then she moved to my state 5 months after meeting in person, which was a huge novelty for us. Actually living in the same city, being able to meet after work and have dinner, spending every weekend together. It was amazing!

Now, after 11.5 years together (and 9 living together), I look back and GOD, I miss those really early days when there was SUCH excitement, waiting at the airport for her to get off her flight, going to our hotel, going out to dinner, etc. It was such an “alive” time, even though the times apart were hard.

Any words of wisdom or encouragement would be great. Thanks.

In a word, GRACE! Focus on and be thankful for what you have as opposed to focusing on what you don't have. For many people love is elusive. If you've found real love for the 2nd time consider yourself blessed, and understand that you are blessed when he is present and when he is not. The love exists and endures. Feel the connection, don't let it be dependent upon circumstances.

• Like 1