How to stop a LDR breakup?

hilldaniellexo

I'll try and make this short.

I have known my boyfriend for about 2 and a half years about a year and a half ago he moved 2 hours away. We started dating in mid June, and have been great. But last night he started telling me he feels like it's not a "real" relationship during the week because we don't have the emotional connection there when we talk on the phone, like when we do every weekend when we see each other. He wanted to sleep on the decision of us breaking up or staying together and I just want to know any advice on how to keep us together. We're both in our 20's and it's killing me, because I love him, I honestly 1000000% do. It's hard because I don't want to lose him and I feel the situation is out of my hands. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

If he decides to break up with you, there's really nothing much you can do about it. But if he's open for working on the relationship, which you should urge him to do, then you need to find out why he feels that the emotional connection is weakening. Is the frequency of communication too low? Or is he not happy with the content of the conversations? Or is he not happy about the amount of affection and appreciation shown in the conversations?

Make it clear and obvious to him, that you do care a lot and that you are very much in love with him and that you do want to make it work, and ask him to try with you. I guess that's all you can do.

I really hope things work out for you!