Wants to make up but no end in sight

Hello everyone, im new here, hope you guys can help me a little I need to get some perspective from people who have LDR, I really do. I will try to make this the shortest possible since we have a loooong history. *Sorry for my english im from the DR

We dated for 4 years 3 of which we lived in the same city, saw each other every day and had a wonderful relationship. He is an awesome guy, really incredible, I think he's a species thats almost extinct (jk) :p.

The thing is I did once very early in our relationship broke it off (before the year) because I felt sofocated but then I realized that I realized I wanted him back in my life, and after 6 months of being apart he decided to give me anoter chance (he has always been kinda of weak with me and he has admitted it) when we got back together we had the most amazing relationsship ever for 3 years. He had a period when he moved like 2 hours away cause he got a job for about 7 months and our relationship held up perfectly the distance did not affect our relationship. He had to come back (quit his job) and stayed here for like 3 months than decided he wanted t study a new carreer that was only given in the capital (2 hours away) and over there while he studied he was gonna try and find another job.

After he moved the second time things started falling apart, he started to feel really bad about himself cause he invested some money and lost a lot, he couldnt find a job, his parent were still supporting him, he had an internat strugle with himself. And I was doing everything in my hands to try to support him through it since he did let me in (he is a very closed private person).

Well on sep 22 he decided to end it...he told he did not feel very good with himself and he didnt think it was fair for me to be with him when he couldnt offer me what i deserved...that its really hard for him to be in a relationship and feel the way that he feels...I told him that everything hes told me sounds like he's depressed (I study medicine and went through an episode of depression) and the only thing I asked of him now that we were gonna be over is to get professional help he said he would do it for me...he then called me a weeek later and told me he went to the psych..good I was happy for him..

We didnt have much communication afterwards cause I was really hurting and couldnt keep speaking with him...my life was a mess the first months afeter we broke up but then I started to see things differently and decided to continue with my life and I was feeling really good (I started meditating, doing sports, going out with friends..) but then he showed up at my house Dec 31 and told me that he recognizes he made a mistake he shouldnt have handled things the way he did, that I am the best thing that has ever happenned to him that even though he feels still bad with himself he wants t start speaking and hanging out again, he misses me...and a lot of stuff..

The thing is we started talking and hanging out but I told him I didnt think this is the best time to ge back together since the primary problem that caused him to break up with me is still there (him feeling bad with himself) but he told that he did not pretend for me to solve his problem since i didnt cause it but he wants me back in his life, that he before had other doubts, like if he really wanted to have kids, and if he saw himself dressed in black and me and white and growing old together and that that was clear now for him...

The problem is there;s no end in sight of the long distance, he has 1 more semester studys (thats the only city where he can study what he's studying) but after that he's going to do a specialty that he can do close to where I live o where he's at now...but if he finds a job he plans on staying over there and if he doesnt he;s not 100% sure he'll move back here and im also studying here and start internship in a couple of motnhs and cant move... After i graduate I want to move out of the country to do the speacialty but from what he's told me in the past he plans to stay here..

I dont know if I should give him another chance...Please give me some input