Going to be entering a LDR read and give .

Okay so me and my current gf of 9 months are going to college next year. We are both seniors in high school. She will be going to college 4 hours away from me. We both drive. Let me give a background of our relationship. I have been in many relationships and I always have thought I would not fall inlove until I was way older but this girl took me by suprize. I always dated the hottest girl to get attention and the girl that everyone wanted to get with but I want to say I kind of lowered my standards for this girl because I was sick of what I was used to and I want to say It was the best choice I have ever made. This girl I met is the most genuine, beautiful girl I have ever met. When she looks at me I still get butterflies! She has grown onto me with her beauty. What I mean by that is the course of dating her I have became so attached to her for the things she does. We are both very young but do things married couples do. We go on fancy diners, art museums, Apple orchards, movies and so much more. We honestly are the perfect couple I mean that. She is my first Love and I am her first love. There is one thing that makes me so upset inside and makes me pull away from her and that is the LDR that will end up happening. I actually have tried to Leave her and break up with her because I feel it is impossible to make a LDR work for 2 years. But she has came back to me and said why am I doing this and we worked it out. This was very recent. We have plans for the future, we talk about them all the time. We share similar interests and goals. We both want children. She was willing to make a compromise with me about school. She was going to go and get her masters but she decided she will get her BS instead and move back with me and get her masters later. She said finding true love is more important than a degree. She will have her AS degree when she leaves and will be gone for two years. She will visit once or twice a month and in the summer she will be living with me at home. Also during winter breaks. So really it is not two years because each year she will be with me for 4 months. I have decided to not leave her and go LDR with her. There is one other huge factor. After dating her for a month she told me she has herpes.. I was going to leave her but nope I stayed. And it was the best choice I made. I figured if she was strong enough to tell me something like that knowing I will leave her she is a keeper and indeed she is that. I have met her whole family and they adore me and my family adores her also. I really want advice on what to do. Are other couples that date in high school that do LDR and don't work this perfect? We are so mature for our ages. Do most couples seem this perfect and still fail when it comes to LDR? Please note that she will be with me 4 months each year living with me and return to school in the fall. Do you think it is possible that we will make it and get married? Or would you say the chances are very slim. This is so perfect and I want input from people who are doing LDR's thanks so much.

i really believe anything is possible.

my best friend has stayed with her long distance bf for 6 years. they have the same home town so they still see each other on breaks. if you think it will work and want to then anything is possible. just appreciate the present moment and do not put too much pressure on the future (that is what has gotten me into trouble with a LDR)

I agree with above poster. It's beautiful that the two of you have such strong feelings and that you are handling your situation in such a loving, cooperative manner. Keep doing that. Making plans is good too, it keeps you going and it can be consoling to think about them when the absence and the distance are especially hard at times.

But also keep in mind that statistically very few people at your age are already with the partner that they 'end up with'. It doesn't mean that you stand no chance, but if it happens, and things go south, try to not get too worked up over it. It's very normal and it can happen.

If you both are relaxed and help each other by not letting everyday stress take its toll on the relationship, you should be safe. Also, communication is crucial, don't let it slip. Say what you mean, and mean what you say. And trust each other. Assume well meaning in your partner. Be vigilant but take time to think things over, if you feel you need to have a serious talk. Be careful in your wording on the phone and in messages. It is very easy to cause damage and much harder to rebuild a relationship over distance.

I wish the two of you all the best.

Only_human17

I've been in multiple LDR, the key is communication and trust. My relationships never worked because we never had an end plan, so it is great that you both know what you want and have a plan in place. Good luck to you both and the one piece of advice I will give is don't fight over the small stuff.