Success stories on ex's strong feelings coming back?

My ex said he doesn't have strong feelings for me anymore, but him and my friend always talk about me so I'm really confused. He even wanted to get back with me because he said that he loves me but then he acted as if he didn't care about me at all. We were suppose to meet this week for the first time but because of his 'not so strong feelings', he doesn't want to. After all this time of telling me how much he wants to be with me, hold me, kiss me, how he can't wait to spend time with me etc etc and now doesn't want to meet me at all, what the heck. So I was wondering, has anyone ever been in this situation and have their long distance ex's strong feelings come back? Will my ex ever miss me and eventually want to meet me? He acts like he doesn't care about me but when he talks to my friend, it seems as if he has not moved on at all. I just don't understand why he doesn't want to meet me now after all this time, I know I should move on but it's really hard when I've been waiting so long to meet him plus I really love him. Everyone that knows us or about us think it's really unfair to me and that he's being selfish because he's only thinking of himself because really he is, at first I didn't think so, but now after sometime and everything that has happened in the last few weeks, he really is being a selfish jerk especially the way he broke up with me.. Twice :( We had a really great long distance relationship but then after a few months, he just completely changed especially after he started college, like he has bipolar and he has taken his anger out on me before but then apologizes but I don't think it has anything to do with him being the cold heartless ******* he is being right now, like there has been times where I might have annoyed him but that's normal in a relationship, everyone has done or said something they shouldn't but it's not like I'm the psycho obsessed girlfriend, I just miss him sometimes. It really seems as if he's afraid to let someone care about him because of his past but I have changed him a lot but I think he's not fully ready to love again without fear but I really care about him and I tried to show him that. I don't bother him or show/tell him how I feel, i don't even talk to him but online I just act as if everything is okay and be the strong, independent person I am even though it really hurt, and bothers me a lot. Like they say, (even him), a guy loves a confident, independent girl.

• Author

I'm just really afraid that I won't be able to get over that me and him might never meet, ever. He was so perfect for me and now it seems as if our relationship meant nothing even though it meant a lot.

Guys do what they want to do. Regardless of the reason, if he wanted to meet you he would. If he says he doesn't, then he probably doesn't. If he's in college, there could be another girl in the picture and maybe he's sweet with you when she isn't around.

Since you guys have history, it could be a comfort thing. I don't know what to say besides .. move on. He will let you know when he is ready to get serious about you but until then, you should worry about what is best for you.

• Author

I don't think there is another girl because he doesn't want a relationship with anyone else, especially because he is going into the military in a few months and also because "he still has feelings for me", at least that's what he keeps saying to my friend. He's never actually said that he never wants to meet me, so many someday in the future, he might change his mind if his feelings for me keep coming back but I'm not gonna put my hopes up any longer but yes, you are right, it is time to move on. I'm trying the best I can to get him out of my head. I know that his feelings aren't as strong as before but I've had a friend who went through the same thing as me and ended meeting the guy anyways and it turned out perfect, I wish my ex would realize that :( but hey, distance makes the heart grow fonder, sometimes haha but I'm actually starting to developing feelings for this really great guy I work with so that's a good sign, but I would definitely not call him a rebound.