LDR Is this crazy?

Okay I met a guy online he has contacted me via phone, and we chat regularly. He's in the military and God only knows we we'd actually meet, but he asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes but I have some major hesitation though.

I did suggest we meet in real life before making a that kind of commitment but that didn't really happen. Now I kind of want out of that, because I just don't feel like he's a match for me. But I still feel like I'm getting to know him and well I really just don't get the rush on his part.

Maybe some of you can explain this to me. He's currently in the UK so I can't call him he calls me (international block on my phone), a little too often to be honest for very short durations so it's more annoying than pleasant. Well I just don't know what to do here, I think I was too excited initially and now reality is setting in and I'm not to happy about it. I want real life experiences, not fantasy relationship talk.

I think you just need to tell him that openly and honestly. Tell him you're sure he's a wonderful man, and as nice as it feels to be appreciated, you just can't continue to invest yourself a relationship with someone you've never met. I would avoid using words like imaginary and fantasy because his feeling are real and these word tend to discount what he will be feeling

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you you're smooth. I'm more blunt so I'll figure out a good way to say it without being cruel.