Met a girl 2 weekends ago, lives far away

Ok, I live in south Carolina, and I was in my buddy's wedding in florida last weekend, and hit it off with the bride's sister. We exchanged numbers and have been in touch since. She actually lives in Chicago, which is nowhere near me, obviously. We decided to get to know each other, and to take it slow. We've texted each day.

The padt few days, the talks have gotten shorter and less often, and her response time has gotten more related. She is still in school, and works, so she is busy. However I'm not one to believe that interest is there if the conversation has gotten to this point. One, I know it is probably not smart to get involved with a girl so far away. But she did something a girl hasnt done to me jn a while...and that's sweep me away.

Is she really busy? Is she protecting herself? Is this whole thing not feasible? Just trying to keep myself from getting hurt, and definitely from hurting someone else.

• Author

And let's keep in mind she said she was willing to try, as we both have plans to move to Florida. Of course, those plans were made well before we met.

Keep talking to her, and find out. Don't chase her. If you have questions as per the type of your relationship, you should ask her directly, she's the one who's best qualified to answer all your questions.

You probably want to go easy on this and not shoot all the questions at her at once. You also appear less needy. But it's highly likely that she doesn't know where the two of you are going. Obviously she is not head over heels into you, unless suddenly things became really busy on her side. Exams? Pre-Christmas stress? Maybe hold out until after the holidays. If frequency of contact remains low, she's probably not that interested. Then you can try to make her more interested.

And yeah, getting into an LDR knowingly certainly has it's risks... I'm not an LDR advocate myself. I completely understand all the reservations some people have. It can be, and easily turn into a whole lot of pain, so yeah, think twice before you press for a girl all the way in Chicago.

Good luck!