Disappointed, but life goes on....

So a quick update on my LDR: I wrote a month or so ago that my boyfriend was having doubts about our relationship. Well I guess his doubts were too much for him because he decided to end things by not saying a word and deleting me on Skype. I don't understand his decision but I have to respect it. It hurts a lot though. For someone who was supposedly "in love" with me and was openly affectionate in his words the duplicity boggles my mind. I am relieved somewhat because I did expend so much energy in tears as he would constantly remind me that I looked too young for my age. Nobody's worth it if they want to change you. And I had to learn that the hard way. I'm 24 (he's 28) but I look significantly younger (most people think I'm in my late teens to early twenties). It's frustrating but life goes on. It doesn't change my mind on online relationships but I definitely hope to be a lot more cautious from now on.

I'm sorry to hear that, it sucks that he didn't even let you know. But as you said, you should be relieved in a way, now you can move on and find someone who likes you for you! I have the opposite problem, I'm 21 but people think I'm 25 lol.

Edited by DBoy91
So a quick update on my LDR: I wrote a month or so ago that my boyfriend was having doubts about our relationship. Well I guess his doubts were too much for him because he decided to end things by not saying a word and deleting me on Skype. I don't understand his decision but I have to respect it. It hurts a lot though. For someone who was supposedly "in love" with me and was openly affectionate in his words the duplicity boggles my mind. I am relieved somewhat because I did expend so much energy in tears as he would constantly remind me that I looked too young for my age. Nobody's worth it if they want to change you. And I had to learn that the hard way. I'm 24 (he's 28) but I look significantly younger (most people think I'm in my late teens to early twenties). It's frustrating but life goes on. It doesn't change my mind on online relationships but I definitely hope to be a lot more cautious from now on.

Emphasized where I agree. I think you got your answers. Such rudeness is a symptom of immaturity I'd say. You should probably congratulate yourself for being able to cut your losses now. IIRC this guy was from Colombia and it would have required you to make big changes to your life to end up with him. Looks like you just avoided a major freight train.

You'll make somebody else the happiest man on earth :) Happy holidays!

• Like 1