how much time do you spend daily with your significant other in your LDR

I've been in an LDR with my girl friend for going on 7 months now. We see each other once a month and talk everyday. She usually calls me 1 or 2 times during the day and we chat for 5-10 mins on her work break and then we talk before we both goto bed.

We recently started doing 1 night a week where we spend the whole evening together with no distractions. we call it our date night.

I'm curious how much time everyone else spends with their significant other? We recently got into a small argument because I mentioned that I liked spending more time together but then I got to thinking maybe I'm over reacting.

Whatsapp everyday (mostly) anywhere from 15mins to an hour.

Skype maybe twice a week. Usually and 1-2 hours.

If he gets this job on the boat, (6 months more to wait! ) i will suggest the date night thing. I really like that idea. I don't feel like i get enough undivided attention sometimes. We are both pretty busy people and sometimes he is trying to chat with me and do something else at the same time and that can be annoying as we don't have any face-time at all.

Depends on busy schedules. We both work, he in crazy hours and even more so when we are in different time zones (6 h diff). Unlike other relationships, we started out with (relatively) little communication and it sort of grew into something much more consistent. Still, there are some days in which we cannot touch base, normally once a week in average.

He doesn't have a data plan in his phone, so everything is in the computer. We try to phone every now and then, and video chat is normally done during the weekends.

You guys sound pretty much like us, especially during the weekdays. Except for the part of meeting once a month. It takes longer periods for us :(

We've been together about 8 months and talk on the phone once or twice a week. During the week we are both very busy, have a 3 hr time difference, and have a difficult time finding spaces where we both have the time to talk. We'll usually talk either Sunday night or Saturday morning, and then one time during the week, if we can make it happen. We are finding it to be difficult, but spend 4-5 days with each other every 6 weeks.

Texts and emails are dependent on how busy we are. Some days it won't be hardly at all, some days we can go back and forth a couple dozen times.

Edited by rester

We Skype every day, very often twice a day. How long for depends on how much time we have available, but a minimum of an hour most days.

Since we are on opposite sides of the world the time difference works reasonably well. My morning is his evening and vice versa. We do have to get up early at times or go to bed very late to make time for each other but it's worth it.

We love our together time and seem to be on the same page about how much we want to talk. I think that's the key to making it work. Agree on how much time you both want or need and then stick to it. :)

He puts skype on, soon as he gets home from work usually, and at the weekend, we don't go on camera often, but just chat on there, ranges between 20 mins to 2-3 hours a day. We talk every night on the phone, unless one of us is out too late to call (quite rare), then we'll text instead.

We have some contact on facebook in the day when he's at work.

He does have msn on when he's work quite a lot but I resist that, otherwise I wouldn't get on with things here! And he's a busy man, so don't want to hold him up!

Edited by HeavenOrHell

It varies with us. There were times where we'd be on Skype daily for an hour or more and there were times where there would be silence for two or three days. The periods of silence happened when my gf was in troubles and avoiding people in general. That's something terrible to do and everyone who manages to bridge those periods in their rs has my respect.

On average we'd be on Skype or chat every other day. On weekends usually more than on weekdays. On other days we'd just exchange texts or emails. And when we're going through a rough spot or if we're arranging a trip, I'd be calling too. For some time we'd have a short daily phone call. I don't do that anymore because a) my gf used to be distant and I'm not willing to make a fool out of myself and b) if she wants to have that call again she can let me know.

This has become my general approach. Frequency and length of or communication are determined by her responsiveness and by her mood as I have tried without success to get my preference across. And I'm not willing to beak up with her and she apparently is very much in love but unable to compromise. I'm betting on her developing more empathy over time. If not, I guess, at some point I'll have to decide which pain it's worse, not being with her or not getting enough attention from her.

Ugh :( I'm lucky we only have an hour's difference.

the time difference is the worst. Ours is 19 hours. It's a pain in the butt.

We talk every day. Texting a bit during the work day. When he gets home from work we either A) get on Skype right away or B) talk on the phone for 20 mins then go do our own thing for an hour or two. When we get on Skype we are usually on for 3-4 hours (yes this has been happening daily for almost a year now) but at the same time we're playing World of Warcraft. Then it's time for bed and he calls me and we talk intimately for an hour or so and fall asleep together. There is a 3 hour difference between us. Friday nights we usually nap together when he gets home from work then have date night. Weekends we usually do our own thing until like 7 or 8PM my time then we have together time.

We do spend a lot of time together which I am very thankful for.

*Skype usually isn't with webcam. We only webcam on special days.

Edited by Aquamelon