Living together for 4 years to living 40min apart with no car.

I need to pick some brains. I lived with my girlfriend for 4 years, but we've been dating for 5 years. We share a 3 1/2 year old daughter whom lives with her. I cant stand living apart. I miss my daughter and my girlfriend to the point where I am depressed have no interest in anything.

Two months ago, we got evicted from our apartment and in order to survive temporarily, we moved to her mothers house. (Who is a bi-polar alcoholic, and goes from loving me to hating me overnight) My girlfriends mother (was drunk) and we got into an argument, and she kicked me out. Shes says I cannot come back until I find a job. What sense does that make? Find a job in Nassau, then quit it to move to Suffolk? It's to far to realistically commute. I live in Nassau County, and they live on the opposite end of the island, far out east in Suffolk County, Long Island. (Those not familiar, its an hour drive; and neither my girlfriend nor I have a car.)

The mother sadly was contemplating suicide because she was lonely and now that she has her daughter and her granddaughter I personally think she's grasping on to them and brainwashing my girlfriend against me. A little about my girlfriend. My girlfriend happens to be a little insecure, and seeks approval from others. When she lived with me her mother wouldn't contact her for many months at a time and my girlfriend used to cry to me because she had no relationship with her mother.

I need them back in my life!

Best solution would be if you got a job that pays for your family and you. That way you are not dependent on a mentally unstable mother in law.