Cheating BF and what to do with a $500 plane ticket?

ok! I have been with this guy named Ryan for just over 2months! he lives in Ontario and I Live in British Columbia! This morning I woke up to this e-mail:

Hey,

This e-mail is probably a relationship deciding relationship thing. Well you know how I had the All night dance and such at my school, well after that I walked my friend home and she asked me to come in for a bit and such and stuff happened, just kissing, but the thing is that the only reason why I did it was because it doesn't actually feel like we were going out and such. I wont be surprised if you dont wanna go out anymore and if you still do, then it probably wont happen because I wouldn't be able to do that, well I g2g, and I will read your reply if you send one

Ryan

We kinda talked about it after about an hour of me reseving it! I really Care for him! Alot! Its funny! I think I may have loved him! well anyways when we talked i told him that i still wanted to be with him and all! that i know why he did it and that i understand and all he said was that he doesnt regret doing it and that he cant be with me when he doesnt feel like we are dating! I dont know how to react to that! I bought a plane ticket ($500) to go and see him on the 15th of march until the 22nd of march! I have not cancelled the ticket yet! but what i want to know if if I should still go up there as a friend cause we have agreed to stya friends, or do you think I would be setting myself u for another heart break? i just dont know what to think of all this! please Help! Thx

Since you have never met face to face....it's understandable that he got carried away. He didn't say he was now going out with her and seemed t o be concerned if you were still interested in him. Then again, he really didn't apologize either.

Where do you plan on staying when you go to visit him? If you go and then end up being intimate....that sure won't be a good thing if the relationship is set. Then it really WILL hurt if he is non-challant about seeing someone else in the future.

It's a hard call. Maybe finally meeting him will make the relationship stronger. Sleeping with him though could lead to heart ache.

I would only go if I had someplace to stay besides with him.

My honest opinon, it won't last. I maybe wrong god knows I have been in the past. But.....if he doesn't regret fooling around with another girl, and he doesn't feel like your going out b/c of LDR, then you have 2 major red flags. Beware. I would either cash in your plane ticket and save the money for something else or just come for the visit to Ontario anyway.

What part of Ontaio are you planning on coming to Ottawa, Toronto? There is alot to see. Even if you deside to ditch the bf your have a good time. Do you have any other friends here in Ontario?

If you want to preserve it, he's moved on, and you're never there to remind him, it has zero chance of working out.

Carla,

My first thought would be to cash in the ticket.....but I imagine it is one of those non-refundable 'use it or lose it' fares.

Christine,

This is why we let MEN buy those tickets for us! LOL!

• Author

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t33672/

OK! we have not talked since that night! I still talk to his bestfriend and hes really kool! I cancelled the ticket and my mom paid for it! I guess shes gonna use it to go and see her mom (it is good for a year) Me and Ryan still talk! he is dating the girl that he cheated on me with! I am not jealous either! I am actually trying for someone else as well! Its all good! Thx for the replies!

befuddled11

I didn't get a sense that you'd ever actually met him in person before....did you two meet online or something?

Based on the age in your profile, I'm kinda shocked that your Mom would have allowed you to spend $500 on a plane ticket to fly across the country to meet some stranger. You were going to be staying with him? Or did you have relatives there you'd be staying with?

Seems like of risky and dangerous to me. Your Mom didn't have any concerns? There's all kinds of predators and wackos out there......your Mom is obviously very permissive?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

yes we met face to face! my mom met him and liked him...... she was a little skatchy about me going..... but i saved up and bought the ticket with my own working money! so she couldnt really say anything! but anyways its done and over with! dealt with! we talk every now and then, when hes on msn when i am ! I am kinda seeing someone right now anyways! so I dont know! but thats all the As to ur Qs! Cyas!