My girlfriend cheated on me with my best friend

My girlfriend cheated on me with my best friend of 10 years. they kissed each other. my friend told her that he loved her. my friend said that she told him that she loved him too. my GF said it was just a momentary thing and that she has no feelings for him. i dont know what im suposed to do. i cant live with out my GF . im just a wreck. cant sleep cant eat. and i dont want to throw 10 years of friendship down the drain. but i can never trust him with her again. and to make matters worse they work together. he said that he would quit his job. but i dont want that. but at the same time i dont want him anywhere near her. my GF is saying that when she kissed him she realised it wasnt right and that she really loved me. but my friend told me something different. i just dont know what to do. ill do anything to keep her. im nothing without her.

Jakal,

Holy Cow....the two of them are rotten and obviously care more about themselves than you! :mad:

These people are not friends! They make better enemies than friends!

This is the absolute worst thing that can happen to a person - the best friend vs S.O senario. You know? as hard as it may be......get rid of both of them! I beleive that ALL of the posters on LoveShack will agree with me.

You have no choices. If you keep these people in you life you will never trust either of them with anyone involved in your life ever again.

You poor guy.....this must really suck for you.

Take care,

Bubbles.

• Author

i just love her so much. i dont want to lose her. and i dont want to lose my friend. he was the only one who cared for me. least i thought he did. and my gf was the only one that saw through all my flaws. sure we've had problems. but who doesnt. my life has been real rough lately. but i wont go into that. and they were always there for me. i just need some answers from both of them. ive already talked to them. but my gf was a wreck and i dont know if she was thinking clearly when she said she wants to be with me more than anything. im 21 years old and out of all the girls ive had. ive never felt the way i feel about her. no where even close. i love her with all my heart and i cant lose her. but if she has feelings for my friend i wouldnt be able to take that.

corythosaurus

Be the bigger man and let them have each other. Ultimately you'll be better off.

Bottom line. You like being a doormat then be a doormat. People shouldn't treat one another like this. Friends? Lovers?

They aren't either.

Your obviously enamored with her, but some of the overwhelming love is a reaction to the "cheating". You feel you can one up the "friend" and be the better man to her, so you fill yourself with what feels like love when in actuallity it's mostly jealousy. Be the better man and walk away. Tough but right.

There comes a time when growing up becomes difficult. Changing from young adulthood to manhood.

I don't think there are any right or wrong answers here as to what you do next but it may help to reflect on others in this position. I can't tell from your post if it was only a kiss or if they slept together. If was only a kiss I'd be inclined to give your girlfriend the benefit of the doubt and try and forget about it. I know of 3 people who shared a kiss with someone a few years into a long term relationship - all came through it and are now happily married with kids.

Well if you thought that your life has already been "pretty rough lately" then you have no idea what you are in for.

You can love somebody all you want and they will still do what they want to do. If you think that this girl is really, really worth it - I mean marrying material and everything, then work through this with her. If you think that your best friend brings that much positive to your life then work through this with him.

Personally - I would never be able to forgive either of them, but then again I'm cold hearted with things like this. If you do talk to both of them to resolve this situation, remember this; Don't ask the question unless you are ready for the answer - even if it's what you don't want to hear! My great Aunt taught me that. It's worked for me all my life.

Bubbles

• Author

ok well i talked to my GF about everything. im sure some of you might not like it. but we're trying to work things out. we talked for about 2 hours. and she said that it was a horrible mistake and that we were having problems and she was upset. and the moment she kissed him she realised it was a mistake. i know some fo you wouldnt do that. but it was a kiss. if it were anything more. i would never forgive her. but i feel this will make our relationship stonger. its gonna take time to completely forgive her for what shes done. and im still undecided what im going to do about my friend. ive straitened things out with my gf about some things. mainly that she never comes to me with problems. she said that she was scared that id would get upset. i told her that shes gotta expect that when dealing with problems in a relationship. so hopefully in time we can get back to normal. and be happy again. thank you all for your advice. and im sure ill be posting here again. cause im sure theres gonna be more ive gotta talk about.

Jackal,

You can come to the Loveshack anytime! We will always be here for you!

Good luck with things jackal.....remember do not ask a question unless you are ready for the answer.....no matter if it's what you want to hear or not.

Bubbles

• Author

yes i know. i had to ask the ever important question of " do you want to be with him" and "do you love him" i dont think i wanted to hear the answer. but if i was going to make a decision i had to know. thankfully the answer was the answer i wanted to hear. im still extremely upset and mad at her. and my friend. but in time i hope that me and my GF can work everything out. because i am nothing without her. i know that in time i would move on. but i dont want to just leave it at that and walk away. i have to try and make things work.

jackal,

Good luck with everything kid ;) Do your best to be understanding and make sure to be true to yourself in all this decision making.

If you ever need us.....you know where you can find us - we'd love to hear from you!

Bubbles

I Love Justin

[font=century gothic][/font] wow! I'm really sorry to hear about that but i think that i have to agree with everyone else, I can understand why you don't wanna lose your friend! I really wouldn't know what to tell you! Have you talked to them together? Like all 3 of you sit down and talk about it? If he is that good of a friend too you (Maybe he really didn't want to kiss her it just might have happend) he will undertand how much you care about her and won't do it agian?

~*I Love Justin*~ :love:

• Author

im sure my friend wont do it again. but then again i never thouht he'd do it in the first place. i just dont want him anywhere near her. least not for a long time.i dont know what else to do. he did the worst thing a friend could do.

Originally posted by jakal

he did the worst thing a friend could do.

Hence he no longer is a friend, at least he is not the friend you've have had all your life. Things change.