A Change Of A Long Distance Relationship To A Closer One ?? :)

Anonymous 30y/o M

Anonymous 30y/o M

I found this site while looking for info on LIVE-INS, and thought I would share my experience.

My experience goes awhile back when I met a co-worker/best friend who lived with me for six years, and I considered him trustworthy as a brother. Two girls had moved in next door and he started dating one of them for about a year. Shortly after, I left on a six month business trip away from home and he took care of the bills. Shortly after I left, he had to leave for a few months out of town, and us both had a problem with no one being able to take care of our place. Oddly enough, at the same time, the girl he had been dating got kicked out of the apartment by her friend. Situationally, I had known her as a good friend, and upon agreement of me and my roomate, we let her move in with us trustworthy that she would take care of our bills, and did. Upon this I considered her trustworthy as a sister.

My best friend, his girlfriend, and I lived together for about a year, (almost like the show Friends!) until they decided to get married after two years of knowing each other. They moved out a year ago from this month, and I enjoyed the experience on their frindship. Nothing ever came between my friend's wife and me. They had a moving out party, and that is when I met his wife's sister. We met a year ago, and she was going to school out of state. Seven months ago we began dating, thus starting our LONG DISTANCE relationship. I still consider my ex-roomate my adopted brother, his wife as my adopted sister. We have had many get-togethers at my girlfriend's parents' house for the holidays during these times, and our love and relationship has grown closer, even at a long distance.

Neither of us have had a relationship (of any distance) before or even sex. Most LONG-DISTANCE relationships never last, and most people dating for as long as we have without sex (in this day and age) move on to finding someone else. It has been the reverse for us, and we are closer than we have ever been before. In three months she will be graduating and moving back instate. I have been living by myself for a while now, and gave her the option to move in with me. She accepted. Her parents, her sister, and her sister's husband (my best friend) agreed on the arrangement and could not be happier for us.

Commitment has never been talked about between us, but I have thoughts it may be happening soon. We get plenty of comments and hints from our friends and families :) Valenties Day is comming soon, and I think that would be a perfect time for us to discuss these possibilities.

The two good friends I have lived together with have been married for a while now and their relationship is growing stronger and even have thoughts about starting a family. I have not seen any downfalls in their relationship, which started as LIVE-INS, and do not see a problem with me and my girlfriend moving in, with the thoughts of marrige soon.

-- In conclusion, the downfalls of "man and woman living together before marrige" have not altered either mine or my friends situations, but have made them stronger. Several things have reinforced this:

We are both close to middle age.

We both have similarities and differences equally.

Neither of us have had a relationship, nor have been the looking-for-someone types.

We are both looking for a change, and a future.

We do not fit in the category of (LIVE-INS have a 60% possibility of separating)

We love each other without a doubt, signing our letters with "To My First, My One, My Only"

It was meant to be...

I'm with befuddled, I think you just want us to listen. I did, it was nice reading, and I wish you the best.

In relationships. nothing was "meant to be" Perfection is acheived, not received, you've still got to work on it.