"Are you super-busy or just ignoring me?"

Girlfriend and I had a stupid fight over text last night (we are in an LDR). This morning she sent me a bunch of patronizing messages I didn't feel like replying to. Then she sent me the msg in the subject line in the afternoon.

How do I communicate this over txt:

- I WAS pissed

- You can't just walk all over me

- I don't want to lose you

- Let's talk tonight over the phone

Girlfriend and I had a stupid fight over text last night (we are in an LDR). This morning she sent me a bunch of patronizing messages I didn't feel like replying to. Then she sent me the msg in the subject line in the afternoon.

How do I communicate this over txt:

- I WAS pissed

Why does it have to be over text? Why can't you leave a voicemail?

Why does it have to be over text? Why can't you leave a voicemail?

Or a letter. Or email. Or a youtube video. Or Skype... wait, are we trying to avoid direct confrontation here? :confused:

The big no-no about texts is that it's SO easy to misinterpret things. This is why we have adopted the smiley technique so the intent and tone of the message will carry some weight in the right direction. But still, that's not an absolute substitution for correct execution of emotion or thought.

Texts are great for simple "I love you!" "Have a great day at work today! :D" and "Yay, I don't have to work next weekend! Skype date next Sunday, you in? :love:" type messages. Not emotional / cognitive discussion that needs hashing out and requires time/understanding. Some things just need to be said in the right way and texts just don't do it justice.

Anyhow, to address your question, I would say your best option to reply is "I'll call you tonight." And do follow up on that.

• 1 month later...
justwhoiam

- I WAS pissed

That was perfect.