The phone

I know that I just posted on my current situation, but since I'm new at this I do have a few questions. 1-The phone: Since he's been in Alaska we've kept in pretty good contact, but we talk about once a week. Sometimes more. He's only been gone since Dec. 26, so I'm glad that we have talked as much as we have and I know that his phone cards are probably running scarce. So I was just wondering if this is a good or bad thing on how much we talk. I'm not saying we should talk every day because I've never been that type of a girl in a relationship. I don't know, I guess since I'm new at this I'm just unsure. I'm trying not to worry about things because I trust him which does scare me due to my trust issues. I know that I have to have trust or this isnt going to work. This is just harder then I thought, but I believe in my heart that he is worth it. :love: The feelings we have for eachother are mutual and real. I guess I'm just being a worry wort due to him not being here. Thanks for putting up with me and giving advice.

It is really hard, when someone you care about lives far away, to not worry when you're not in contact. Although you know that, realistically, you would never just change in your feelings for someone in the space of a week or a few days, we always fear the other person might. If you read enough stories on LS, you might grow even more worried about this. Some people cure their anxiety with daily contact, others are less fearful and manage with more space between contact.

It's natural, once you've found a treasure, to fear losing it. It's also natural to understand that it happens to people every day, including people who trusted implicitly. I don't even think there is a solution, other than to pray, hard, that if you're meant to be, that everything will work out for you. If you're not spiritual, I don't know what solution there might be.

• Author

thanks for replying. when i talked to him last week i forget what i said, but its free for me to call him after 9 because of my cell and long distance. he only has his dorm phone. i said that i didn't want to call and bug him and he told me to call him all the time. that was more reassurance for me, but i dont know. i'm trying to not second guess myself here, but its hard and i know that it will get easier as time goes by. i know that this will all be worth it in the long run. i just gotta trust him completly.

If he told you to call him, by all means, call him since your minutes on your cell are free!

That is, unless you are like me and second guess your decisions.

In my brain it looks something like this:

"he said to call him so I will call him, but I don't want to call too much because I don't want to bug him so maybe I should NOT call which would maybe be best, but then AGAIN what if he thinks that since I have not called, I am loosing interest? I wish he would just call me so I would not have to worry."

• Author

omgoodness it's crazy how we think alike. those are some of the exact thoughts that run through my head. i called twice last week and he wasnt ever there so of course i started stressing out, but i finally got to talk to him on saturday. i called him and he had just woke up. he said that he was sorry for not being able to talk to me all week and explained that he has been working 12 hour shifts all week and was going to email me to let me know that we wouldnt be talking all week but was soo busy that he didnt even get a chance to do that. he said that he was just about to call me and that he had planned on calling me after he woke up, so that made me feel better....he apologized for not calling me on saturday and explained what had happened. so now i feel like a whiny brat. i guess my thoughts got the better of me. its just hard not having him here. i do trust him and i have to keep telling myself that. he keeps giving me tons of reassurance w/o even knowing it. i feel better. this is just going to take time.