Soul Mates?

I've been seeing this girl whom lives across the country for 9 months now.. And, I love her very much, and I think(hope) she feels the same.. But, I am only 16, and I can't move up to see her.. I would give anything.. Anything in the world, just to be able to hold her. Unfortunately, my family can't move to where I need to be, and neither can her's.

I just wish there was some way I could see her. I would like any suggestions you people may have. (And, no.. We met on the internet, never met in person.)

All bull**** aside.. Should I continue to wait and see the outcome, or what?

At your age, you will meet many soulmates right there where you are in the coming few years. Someone you meet on the Internet who lives some distance is not your soulmate because soulmates are easily brought directly to your proximately. Certainly, they can feel really good. However, you're way too young to get in the habit of falling for ladies who live far away with whom you cannot be with in person, hold hands, kiss and otherwise look into their eyes. If you don't talk to them on the phone, you don't even know if they're male or female.

Be online buddies with this one but walk away from the soulmate stuff. It ain't gonna be a happening thing. You got a lot of guts for a young man to ask you family to move so you can be with somebody you met on the Internet but never in person. I like a guy with that kind of nerve. You're going to make it big someday. Meanwhile, find love and romance close to home to avoid this situation happening repeatedly.

• Author

I have spoken with her numerous times on the phone, actually.. And, done the whole webcam thing. But, I have tried to find someone here, and I haven't suceeded. But, this girl is great, and I have developed feelings for her.

It can be easy to develop feelings for an Internet partner. Some of that has to do with the fact that you can't really know someone that you haven't met in 3D. Essentially, you can love what you know about someone, but there is a lot more that you don't know which might change those feelings.

As for whether you meet someone on the Internet or not, I happen to think that technology has just given humans one more means for synchronicity to work (if you didn't read Tony's post on Synchronicity,

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showthread.php?postid=143356

it's worth a read) - as witnessed by the numbers of marriages that are taking place from Internet meetings.

At sixteen, however, you haven't financial means to be able to spend 3D time together and won't for some years. If this person is a rare treasure, then keep up the friendship with her. If it lasts until you can spend 3D time together, you can then explore further possibilities, if you are both still interested.