Any ideas..??pushover??

Hi! I'm new at this. A friend referred me here. My bf n i have a long distance relationship. I get seperation anxiety sometimes n call or txt regularly, just to tell him i love him n ask how things are, if he says he's busy i leave him alone. I have to admit i can be alil pushover sometimes, i dont want to push him away. So xmas eve he went over to family and he doesnt do this at all often. He called on Christmas day n said he's call the next day. and he didnt call all day so i called him. several times. (there's a 5 hour difference btwn he n I) he finally txts me that he's good n just drank too much n was he tired 6am his time. okie thats great but today he hasnt called either. I cant tell if im being a pushover or just worrying abt him drinking too much or just being lonely?We have been going out about 18months now n not one day has passed where we havent contacted each other in some way. im trying not to come off as needy here. I just want some perspective. ..Thanks for reading and or replying if u do..

To me, if there is some sort of pattern of contact established, whether decided upon by discussion or it's just happened, then it isn't unreasonable to figure it will continue pretty much as established. Christmas is a time when people are supposedly thinking about people who matter to them, so it's not out of line to expect him to think of you at that time, given that you are in a relationship.

Too, if he's far away and doesn't call as expected, it's not completely unreasonable to worry about him. If you called him a bunch of times but didn't leave messages, that's not too bad. If you left a pile of messages, that might sound needy.

On the other hand, some people do get quite thrown off if their schedules are changed and, when he gets back home, he'll go back to his usual ways.

Hard situation, as I sit her and sympathize because I too am in a LDR, only Im in NY, he is in FL!

I would give him some time. Is your relationship back to normal? Let him know how you felt, not accusing him though. Just that you may have been a bit disappointed. See if everything goes back to how it was.

Its hard not to have your mind wander, I know trust me! But, sometimes we do need to give the benefit of the doubt and take a look at the whole picture, not just one night.