need ways to cope with sadness and anger

daydreamer85

I'll make this as short and to the point as i can. I've been in a LDR for 15 months now with an old high school friend. He moved to CA and shortly after we began talking via FB and Skype. We finally made the decision that he would move back in about a year after finishing college. I'm having a VERY difficult time because although I know he is doing the right thing by finishing school before he comes back...I also know it's his choice to still be away. I've got to find a new way to cope with my anger and sadness over the issue. It's starting to effect our daily conversations.Anyone else dealt with this problem. Please, I'm up for any advice.

creighton0123

Have you told him that you are experiencing feelings of both anger and sadness and that you need his help working through them?

Has there been any uncertainty about where you two stand? Are you both committed to each other, exclusively?

Could you put yourself in his shoes? What if you had a dream, and the person who you cared most about was making you feel guilty about pursuing your dreams? It would probably be a lot easier to be separated if your significant other were supportive, cheerful, happy etc.

So be that for him :)