Making home-visits work?

KatetheCursed

I'm away at school, my boyfriend is at home. When I'm home, we do the best we can to see each other often and long while I still get to see everyone else at home as well. This works pretty well, except when he gets super introvertive. I'm a pronounced extrovert, and I love to be with people all the time. He likes his space at times, which is totally fine and I don't mind giving him his space as it gives me time to get things done and see other people (friends and family), but there are days when he'll just cancel plans on me. Today, he cancelled on me, which wouldn't be TOO bad, except I won't be home for a month or more. I don't want to pressure him, but I'm really disappointed. Any idea how I can control my emotions about it?

Im just spitballing ideas here but do you think he could slightly resent the fact that you come back and you have other things to do besides be with him? And he doesn't want to make it seem like when you come back he has nothing to do but be with you? Just a thought but I sense a little manly pride thing going on here.

• Author
KatetheCursed

I don't think he resents that I'm spending time with others. He understands that I miss everyone, and I do my darnedest to spend all the time with him I can, but it may be that he's disappointed... I hadn't thought of it that way.