Hurt feelings/confusion

preciousdiamonds4me

preciousdiamonds4me

[color=green][/color]Well my boyfriend and I got in this disscussion today, he told me he wanted me to go on a diet. I became very hurt when he told me this, and told him so. He asked me why he'd hurt my feelings and I said because you don't like me for who I am. Then he said I am only trying to help you. I said help me how, he said your confiendce and your self-esteem and also because I am a boderline diabetic. Even though he explained hisself it hurt so bad. Well before he got with me he was with his ex 6 1/2 yrs and she was twice as big as me, I don't get it. He said he tryed to get her to loose to. What bugs me most is he's over weight also, he said he could go on a diet no problem. What I really would like to see happen is him quit smokeing. I told him if he wants me to loose weight he could at least do this for me.

I don't know just the fact of him even wanting me to go on a diet really hurts me. I don't know what to do.

that would make me really mad too.

Have you asked him to quit smoking, and you will go on a diet so it would be equal trade.

What is his problem if he is overweight too??

That is really strange, maybe he didn't mean it like that, maybe he noticed you talking about you being insecure, or just other hints that he could have gotten, that YOU feel as though you want to go on a diet....but why would he do that? Gosh that is confusing..... :o

I hope this helps somewhat my random rambling.......

• Author
preciousdiamonds4me
:bunny: Thank you very much for your advice. Yes I did ask him if he would quit smokeing and his reply was I will try. So I shot back with well I will try to go on a diet. I don't really know why he's got a problem with the weight, yes there is times I am very insecure about. I know he's worried about my health. I wonder if he wants a trophy to show off? I asked him what would be an ideal weight to see me at he said 170, which is askin to much seeing as I am 5'1. Yes I weigh more than 170. I use not to before I got out of highschool. Anyways thank you.