LDR & Sorority...?

I am in an LDR and my boyfriend thinks that I shouldn't join a sorority because it will tear us apart,

I am still undecided on this and I am unsure if I will ever join a sorority because it causes so many problems between us, I would like to because I don't know many people at college, and I would just like to make some girl friends that I can hang out with while I am here, but I think that I might cause a strain on our relationship, but not a large one....at least I hope not

What do you all think Please Help me!

The guy really don't want you to have anyfriends, I could be wrong. If he loved you he would let you be your own person and not try and tell you what you should do. If you feel the need to go join a soroity, go for it.

• Author

he supports me in whatever I want to do he is just worried that he might lose me. He wants me to do whatever makes me happy and lets me be independant, he just wanted me to know his opinion when I ask him, and it worries him that he might lose me, I just want to know if anyone thinks that it will tear us apart.

Does this guy understand that insecurity is not very attractive or sexy to a female? If he shows this kind of attitude over a period of time, you're likely to drop him anyway. Women want men who are confident...not men who think they're going to lose somebody.

• Author

we are not worried about what insecurities that he has, just if the sorority thing will interfere with our relationship, I love him very much and do not want to lose him, and I think that our relationship is so strong that we can make it through our long distance problems, which there are none, and I know that there might be some in the future, and I don't want them to affect us because I want to be with him .

• 1 month later...

well, it has been more than a month since your last reply, so I believe you had already made the decision. I think he is insecured and that is TOTALLY NORMAL and should be shown by him if he feels like that...

I can understand he's afraid it'll take all of your time, but he should understand that you need friends ! and that that's the way you'll make ones... He would keep feeling like this, but you should do what you feel like doing.]

Bottom Line! If I were you and would really wanna join to fraternity, I would have do so BUT making sure I still have the time to talk with my girl and that she understands that this is what I want, yet, I'm gonna do my best to keep us together and talk as much as we can. You should explain to him that this i what you want and this is what's going on and YOU ARE GONNA STAY TOGETHERR AND TALK AND LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER !