phone convos: We don't seem to talk as much (at least with substance)

hey guys, this goes out to people who've been in a long distance relationship for over a year. Lately my phone convo's have been a bit bland with my gf. We don't seem to talk as much (at least with substance), although we stay onthe phone for at least an hour (sometimes we say very little). We quickly go over what we did in a day then its followed by sighs and so forth. obviously all convo's can't be winners. What have u done to keep the convo going? I mean i know in any relationship, there are bumps. It's just fustrating sometimes. sometimes i get the feeling im boring her. I know some of you are gonna say talk less then, but we've gotten into a routine where if we try to talk less one or the other gets hurt thinking that the other doesn't want to talk no matter if u say its not true. So what have yall talked about other than the typical life-work-dreams (doesn't have to be talked either, like what have u done together over the phone). I think this is where it gets hard because when you're in this type of relationship, u don't have the physical touch where it usually would come in in silent moments. Here, all you have is the phone.

Hey joey, u remember me ;)

I have an idea of what you should do. It sounds like you guys talk alot, and the reason that you guys arent talking, is because you dont really want to. And trust me, i dont mean to be mean. You guys just arent putting any effort into the convo. This isnt because your relationship is degrading or anything, trust me. Its because you guys have been talking too much. It has become your comfort zone. This is how it was with my girl. After she cheated on me, i told her that i needed time to think, a couple days, and that i would call her when i was done. It scared the **** out of her, and she called me later that day. Since then, our conversations are just like they used to be. I dont know if you want to do something that rash, but you will need to figure out for yourself how to knock both of you guys out of your comfort zone. After that, you will both be excited to talk to eachother again, and it will be just like old times.

Give it a try, and let me know how it goes :)

chaotic