dealing with depression

I wrote in this forum a couple of weeks ago. My bf and I were together for 3.5 years and we lived a year together. He moved to the Middle East for his job in January and I moved to South America in March. In June he came to my country to visit me and met my family. He told me that he had plans for us in the future. However, two weeks ago he told me that he was not ready to make the decision, but he did not want to lose me. I told him that it was better to do not speak anymore. After that he went to holidays to the UK. He did not contact me for many days, until last week he sent me a two emails to se how i was. I replied then in a polite way, but quite cold. Also, last week his mother contacted me in the chat. She told me that he organized all my correspondence and solve a problem that I did not know. I sent him an email to say thanks for organized my correspondence and solve the problem. Also, I called him but he was cold with me. He told me that he was cold because I had being funny with him. I have not spoken with him for a week, he went to meet his friends from the Middle East in Spain. But, now he is in the Middle East I tried to be strong. I do not want to be needy. But the true is that I feel very sad and depresed for this situation. I do not know what to do to deal with this sadness. I am in the point that I am preparing a travel abroad to see if I can feel better. Any advice for someone please

try communicating. he may be scared, i'm sure you're scared. maybe something as simple as picking the phone up and saying (without desperation and without getting emotional) "I really miss you and would like to talk". feel it out, don't play games, but don't pressure him either. people shut down and turn away for many different reasons and it could just be that he needs some reassurance. test the waters carefully and proceed after you get a hint of where he's at right now. don't push the 'relationship' issue. try to keep it light, but its ok to express what you feel. good luck to you.

skydiveaddict
I wrote in this forum a couple of weeks ago. My bf and I were together for 3.5 years and we lived a year together. He moved to the Middle East for his job in January and I moved to South America in March. In June he came to my country to visit me and met my family. He told me that he had plans for us in the future. However, two weeks ago he told me that he was not ready to make the decision, but he did not want to lose me. I told him that it was better to do not speak anymore. After that he went to holidays to the UK. He did not contact me for many days, until last week he sent me a two emails to se how i was. I replied then in a polite way, but quite cold. Also, last week his mother contacted me in the chat. She told me that he organized all my correspondence and solve a problem that I did not know. I sent him an email to say thanks for organized my correspondence and solve the problem. Also, I called him but he was cold with me. He told me that he was cold because I had being funny with him. I have not spoken with him for a week, he went to meet his friends from the Middle East in Spain. But, now he is in the Middle East I tried to be strong. I do not want to be needy. But the true is that I feel very sad and depresed for this situation. I do not know what to do to deal with this sadness. I am in the point that I am preparing a travel abroad to see if I can feel better. Any advice for someone please

If you're truly dealing with clinical depression you need medical help

• Author

Thanks to both of you for replied.

It is true I am quite scare to speak with him. I would like to speak with him, but I do not know how he is going to react. I am scare that he is going to be difficult with me or maybe he is busy. So, I would prefer do not contact him for now. I do not want to be hurt.

• Author

Today he sent me two emails. He was very romantic and I he told em that he want to speak with me soon . I replied them without complain about anything. Just I told him what i have being doing nowadays.