LDR because of work travel

Butterfly11

My SO job takes him out of town at a moments notice. Sometimes he'll be gone for a day, this past time he was gone for 2 1/2 months with brief 1-2 days visits when he could take them. I always hate when he goes, but eventually I get accustomed to his absence and it makes it easier. But in doing so I've almost had to suppress my feelings for him because missing him hurts. I dislike not knowing when he could be called out of town. I dislike when we have to cancel plans. I dislike not knowing when he is going to come home. Part of me is jealous sometimes :p because when he does get called away it seems like he is having more fun then when he is here...dining out, drinks after work, etc...

I know I'm supposed to keep myself busy with hobbies and friends, but I just don't have that many of either. If my son isn't around I feel very lonely and at times I take this out on him, knowing it isn't his fault.

I know I am co-dependent. I'm not sure how to deal with his job. Accept it yes, like it, no.