finding out if he still has feelings

how would a person find out if their long-distance guy, or whatever you want to call it, still has feelings -without sounding obsessed or that I can't get on with my life! really I just feel confused and kind of hopeful but my somewhat cynical nature is also coming out.

He and I met through mutual friends about a month before I moved to another state for a job (last March). We got along famously from the beginning! It's been pretty rotten here for all kinds of reasons, but I decided to work here at least a year. We got into it a couple of times about that. He's in the same boat too, though he might be a bit more concerned than I am about money.

He came to visit over Thanksgiving, when we talked and laughed and dreamed and it was just wonderful. and I know it cost a lot of money and vacation time. we've been writing each other email messages about twice a week. It used to be nearly every day before. I say "before" because I said I would try to move by February and didn't because of the 1 year & career thing and some family BS. we didn't talk for at least a month and then decided we would be friends, which is good - what else could we be if we're apart. the emails started off by just saying how was your day and what we did over the weekend. we've started talking about more things now.

lately he's started calling me by my nicknames (not the "dirty"/sexy ones) and sometimes signing off with "xoxo" and I'm not really sure what to make of that. Part of me thinks it's nothing major. another part hopes he's not playing a malicious game. another part of me thinks it's not a game and .... all these romantic thoughts come sweeping back.

I'm about to quit my job (totally different story and not just because of him). since my mom lives in the same town I'm sure I'll see him. -act natural, don't try to jump his bones- more important, how do I approach asking if he still has feelings for me? is there even an Ok way to do this?

why do you have to ask? you'll likely be able to tell from the way he treats you once you're in the same town again. His first qn will likely be 'how long will you be staying here?...'

good luck,

-yes

• Author

Ok so maybe I am being a little weird

I'm not sure what I'm worried about... just thinking too much, as usual.

You're over analyzing. Don't think too much, it'll drive you nuts. It's hard not to do because I do it too. Find other things to do to keep yourself busy. When you see him, let it flow-you'll know if he still has feelings for you. Good luck :)

Joe