Does absence really make the heart grow fonder???

I have been dating a man for over 2 years now. We have even discussed marriage. However, it seems like every time that I am unable to see him for 2 weeks or more I start to have doubts about our relationship. If I truely love this man should I be having these feelings???

"Absense makes the heart grow fonder" is just a catchy saying to make some people feel better and NOTHING more. The truth is that with lack of contact over time, feelings for people can diminish or go dormant. If there is a close bond, recontact can rekindle feelings, even passionate ones. But if the association was not long enough to foster a close emotional tie with the other person, recontact will be almost meaningless.

Having doubts about a relationship after not seeing someone for two weeks is irrelevant to the "absense makes the heart grow fonder" question. You can have lots of doubts about a relationship in which you are madly in love with the other person. If the two of you get along very well, have lots in common, etc. and yet you have doubts about the relationship after two weeks, you have not yet met Mr. Right or you may simply need counselling because of some subconscious fears. You have provided insufficient data about your feelings to post a definitive answer here.

If I were you, I would certainly explore these feelings. Two weeks apart should not affect a person's feelings for someone they love and care about.

I think that if you know for a fact taht youre going to see each other again, then yes, distance can make the heart grow fond, beucase you do miss the person, but taht does wear off over time. How do you think military wives do it? Either they cheat, or time does make thier heart grow fond. I dont think two weeks will change the way you feel about eachother. Youll probably enjoy eachother even more after two weeks, becuase time apart is not always a bad thing. But it shouldnt make you doubt your relationship. If you are having serious doubts, then you probably shouldnt go through with it. If youre having cold feet doubts, then that will pass.

i think absense doesn't make the heart grow fonder, but it makes you notice the fondness more, because you start missing the person.

-yes