Back in November I be-friended a man that I went to High School with. He was a year younger than me (a class behind) we were not friends in HS nor did we have any mutual friends. We would comment on each others posts and over a short time we began to chat as well. He told me how his family used to be customers of the business my parents owned and how he used to see me there all the time. He even remembered when I had braces.

We began to chat more frequently and I found myself hanging out on FB sometimes just hoping he would show so we could chat some more. I had never "met" a man who is so thoughtful, caring, open and honest about his thoughts, feelings, life situation. I was begining to have feelings for him.

In April we admited to eachother that there were feelings and we both wanted to see where it would go. It was decided that I would fly to Florida in August to see him so we could figure out if there really was anything between us.

It has been 2 months sense then and we have learned so much about each other and we have grown to love each other very much. We have so much in common, and we feel the same way about pretty much everything we have talked about. We believe that we have found our life partner in each other.

We both are so excited to see each other and he assures me that I will be treated with love and respect, and that he is a gentleman and if there is to be anything more (intimacy) during this visit I will have initiate it.

Here is the problem...

I am a single mother, my child is 11 years old and there has not been a man in my life in that many years. No man at all and he knows that. I feel like I would like to be intimate with this man, but I find that I am absolutely petrified. Scared to the point that I feel myself retreating and he feels it too.

How can I put this fear aside and just let myself live in this wonderful moment with this wonderful man? After all...that is exactly what I want to do.

• Author

LisaLee...my daughter knows about him, we talk on the phone every night. She has talked to him, and because she wanted to. She knows about the trip I'm going to take while she is away at summer camp.

It is the intimacy I fear...because it has been so long. Because he leaves it up to me I fear that I won't take that step...even though I want to.

I guess it doesn't have to happen right away, but I don't want to come home and regret not making that connection that I want so badly.