Is it a good idea to visit my ex-boyfriend?

Ann Karenina

My boyfriend broke up with me after two years in January. It’s been over 4 months now and I still love and miss him.We have been long-distance dating over the last year, he’s from Canada, I am from Europe. That was also one of the reasons why he broke up with me amongst others like him having to deal with a lot. He said it wasn’t about me. There was and still is no other girl involved with him.

I’ve tried to forget him, hook up with other guys, go out with my girl, took up new hobbies, threw myself into work etc. Nothing works.

I’ve got some time off in July and was thinking about visiting him to clear things up and meet him one last time. I haven’t seen him for nearly a year and he broke up with me over the phone. He says it would be a waste of money and time to visit him but I feel like I really need to see him.

My question is now whether it is a good idea to visit him or not?

I'm sorry about your break up.

I honestly wouldn't do it. If he's telling you that it would be a waste of time and money going then what else do you need to hear. That just about says it all. He broke it off and as painful as that is for you, you really have to move on and accept it.

You cannot make someone want you no matter how hard you try so my advice is save yourself the heartache and let it go. It's true that time is a great healer so keep busy and you'll slowly start to feel better.

I wish you all the best.