Are there ways to make it easier?

Well, My girlfriend has gone away to work for the summer. 2 1/2 months away from her. I've never had to deal with this before, and I am not sure how I am going to last the summer without seeing her.

We spend almost everyday together, and now, we can't even talk on the phone everyday, and i CAN'T see her untill the middle of august.........and it's driving me nuts.

I don't know how to deal with this, but i know that other people have experiencecd this, and i hope that they will have some advice to make it a little bit easier.

Thank you

You deal with it by being a mature adult and embracing reality. It's not the end of the world. A lot of people will lose their wives and girlfriends to death today. Your girl will return in just a few months.

REJOICE!!! And use the months you are by yourself productively, to feel at peace by yourself. If you don't love yourself and enjoy being alone with yourself you cannot love another or be in a healthy relationship with another.

[color=darkred][/color]

I feel your pain in that I'm going to be in the same type of situation at the end of next month.. I have this really gr8 person in my life and well one of us is going to be in on the East Coast while the other on the West, for a good month or so.

I've been seriously thinking about what I'm gonna do with my time apart.. as well as *this person* of me.. Lucky for us. we both have cell phones in that we would still be able to communicate with each other.. even time zone(s) apart.

Have you thought of calling her (if she has a phone that is)?? Or there is the internet.. we things are supposed to be right in front of us.. and easier to access communication,etc..

I know this isn't the same thing as seeing her face-to-face, but it's better than having to suffer warm and cozy nights, staring at a calendar, and waiting for mid-August to come.. And this way you'd both be able to at least hear one anothers voices...

Hope this helped at all,

My boyfriend has been in Afghanistan since October. Are you telling me you can't handle 2 1/2 months apart?

Talk on the phone at least once a week (since you have that option) and email each other as much as you can. Just have faith. The time apart will allow you to realize how much the relationship means to you and you will learn not to take her for granted. As long as you both look forward to the future and the time when you can be reunited, then it will all work out.

You know, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

By the way, a good way to cope is to keep as busy as possible. Rent some movies, read some books, spend time with friends, get a new hobby, or get a part time job.

• 2 weeks later...

This guy and I who have become close these past few weeks are about to be apart. We recently just had our first kiss and things are/were perfect. He's moving with a friend of his 80 miles away. I know thats not far (1 1/2 hr drive), and I know we have phones and internet but its just the thought that he will be away. I have one year of school left, and his friend keeps telling me that distance is good to build a strong, trusting relationship. Just makes you wonder if it will work, time will tell, just somethin to think about.

HokeyReligions

Make some dates to do things together/apart. What I mean is, you can both watch the same movie at the same time, then talk about it afterward. "Did you laugh at ddd part?" "Wasn't so-and-so great/awful/weird, etc.?"

Read a book together. Go to dinner at the same time, but don't tell each other what type of restaurant you are going to. Call, write, or email later and tell each other about it.

Send her a card via snail mail and put something inside it that will remind her of some special time you shared. A leaf or flower or feather, a piece of popcorn to remind of a special movie, some pet hair (everytime you visit you left with some of my cat clinging to you- just didn't want you to forget us!) song lyrics, or anything that you can think of that may be special to you both. (wrap whatever it is in wax paper before you put it in the card so that it doesn't destroy the card) Don't say anything and wait until she calls you after she receives it. don't bombard her though - relax and enjoy time for yourself too. She may need some alone time for herself so she can wind down from her days.

You can think of plenty of things to do long-distance for six or eight weeks and just think how much reminiscing you two can do when she gets back!