Is it worth it?

I've been in a LDR for a short amount of time, only 6 months. The distance isn't that bad but we have had communication problems from the very beginning. We only dated for a short time (5 months) prior to our relationship going long distance.

I admit that throughout our relationship I have suffered from a princess complex where I think that I can act like a brat and then have him come after me. I have been extremely difficult and we have gotten in to so many fights about stupid things or me acting immature.

Last week was the final straw. It was not anything big but over something posted onto facebook onto a male friend's (who previously had feelings for me) page by me. It was not a big deal and I did not see it as that, but my bf did. It ended up in a massive fight about how he can not trust me and how he no longer knows what he thinks of me. He said that he had a level of trust and respect for me that he had reached with no one else, but now I breached that. Also, we had talked about our future and it was positive, as our families and friends know each other and I was planning on moving where he is living after I am done with a commitment I have here. Now he said that he was not sure if I am the one for him. He says that he does not know if our personalities can work together because I repeatedly am difficult and because of the magnitude of our fights. He said that the physical attraction is there, but it is more personality.

What can I do to be less difficult? It is hard to be trust worthy and sometimes I crave attention. I wish I could talk to him all of the time but it is not possible because of our commitments. Our distance is not great but it feels like there is a rift between us since this fight.

After the fight, I begged him to take me back. He was ready to break up with me over the phone. He says that we are at a place in our relationship where he cares so much about me and we could break up and he would always care about me, but he is not sure if I am the right girl for him. How do I get the spark back in our relationship? It used to be that he would be so excited to see me but I think that I wore him down with picking apart our relationship and being "difficult."

After our fight, he calmed down and said that he did overreact about the facebook thing, but that our relationship had internal problems. Things have been awkwardish between us. He told me that I am not probation but I am constantly scared that I am going to say something and lose him completely?

What should I do? I'm seeing him in a few days. I just don't know what to do and the distance does not help at all. We had such a great relationship and he is everything that I have ever wanted in a guy. please help. Any advice is helpful.

Rollercoasterr

Well you can start by not acting like a Princess all the time, realizing that you're not the only one in the relationship, and by thinking about your SO before you go off being all attention-seeking.

Seriously. From what you've posted, you are not cut out for an LDR. Trust is the biggest thing involved, and you said yourself that you're not trustworthy.

There's no room in an LDR for you to be acting the way that you are. If I were him, I would have left you a long time ago. Harsh as that might sound, but it's the truth.

• Author

I mistyped. I didn't mean that I was not trustworthy--I've never cheated on anyone, long distance or regular relation. I think my issue is that I have problems trusting.

Although, I appreciate your honesty and you are probably right.