love while away

I have been seeing this lady for about 2 months. Here is the problem, she recently left for a job she is doing, she will be gone for a month or more...Last week we spent pretty much all week together doing all the normal couple stuff....we are really in love with each other...its really upseting she is leaving right when the relationship starts going full steam ahead...What i'm worried about is losing intrest since I will not be able to see her for so long....But of course I do not want this at all, I would never want this....I'm trying to reassure myself that all will be well after she is back, which i'm sure it will...its just hard...since we got so comfortable with each other..thats another thing i'm affraid of losing the comfortability that we built...I feel like when she gets back it will be meeting someone new....and she loves me so, that she is affraid I might find someone else...which I do not want to, i'm in love with this girl...

How do I fight this??

I just don't want these crazy feelings

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I know what you are going through, since I was in a similar position 3 months ago. The man I am seeing has been gone that long and comes home in 8 days! I was very worried about keeping in touch while he was gone and about how our relationship would be when he returned. I have been pleasantly surprised of how we have kept in touch over the phone, emails, letters and chatting. I still feel very close to him and devoted to him. I know it is still TBA of how things will go when he returns, but I am not concerned with it at this time. I am just looking forward to when he comes back and seeing him once again.

I can say that the one thing that really kept me going during this time was to do things to improve my life. I have tried to live a healthier lifestyle, started a new job, picked up a couple of hobbies, and got motivated with college. I think that it was a good step in the right direction. I feel a little more comfortable with how my life is going more than I did while he was here before, so I feel that I will only be happier and more focused when he returns.

I hope this helps. Just relax and try the best you can. You can't worry about the future too much. Just live for the day at hand. If you worry too much, you will set yourself up for defeat. I feel it is the 'what ifs' that harm a relationship, whether it be long distance or not.

Hope this helps!