I am currently in a relationship which separates us by 2,000 miles. We're both 15 and have been dating for 3 months, of which i have only seen her for 2 weeks. But, we do converse over the internet, using microphones and webcams, which does slightly make it easier. We talk on the phone each night, and we both enjoy each others company. But, for the last week or so, we have been having long winded conversations over the phone about breaking-up. She is 3 months younger than me, but is 2 years ahead of me in school (she is gifted), and i have been helping her to pick out universities lately. Neither one of us want to break-up as there is no love, it is because of the distance, and it does hurt being apart for so long. We have both dated before, and the love we feel for each other has not been matched in any other relationship we have been in before. We are about to spend the summer together - she is coming to Cardiff, UK where i live for 3 weeks, and then i am going to her for 3 weeks. But, another problem occours. They have a very long summer holiday, which lasts 3 months, compared to mine of 7 weeks. She wants to break-up because it hurts so much to be apart, but she is moving to England, 10 miles from where i live, in one year, which makes me want to keep it going, as it would be so much easier. She knows things about me that i have never told other people, which makes her seem so close, almost part of me, and i know she feels the same way. She keeps saying that breaking-up is the sensible thing to do, but in my heart i know it isn't, as we have been talking about spending alot more than a few months together. I am about to start sending her written letters, aswell as the usual emails that i send her, in hope of keeping it going until next year, where things will be easier.

Can anybody give me any tips at all please? PLEASE!?!?

Editor's note: This message was originally posted as a response to Do long-distance relationships work?.

meaningless

im 15 also, so i can relate a little, i also recently found this site and had a problem about talking to this one girl but now i did it and well nevermind. i see what you mean by wanting to stay together because she is moving near you. also her talking about breaking up, well, i say just be friends with her than later get back with her. as i see it, you fell no attraction, so therefore you need some time away from eachother. dont tell her you want to see other people and you just want to be friends, nah, dont do that just try to spend very little time with her on the phone ect.and not every night, once a week or more time inbetween conversation. and when summer vacation comes when she moves 10 miles away instead of 2,000 you might feel more attracted to her and she will feel the same because you want to know what each other has done. do what you want though im just suggesting. if you like another girl, say at your school, go for her.just dont spend so much time with your current girl friend

i hope this helps it may not though