My LDR is working

If she's living right there in your town, it's not an LDR. It'll be one when she moves three hours away, though.

Glad things are working out well for you. Great LDR stories are always good to hear.

LDR's can be very difficult. If you have only been with her for a month, but things are going well, by all means continue the relationship when she moves.

Three hours really is not that far. I was in an LDR that ended a few months ago...it was a three hour drive as well. It lasted for about 9 months, and then Valentines Day came, need I say more? :p !! While we were together I tried desperately to find a job here in the Detroit Metro Area ( I was living in Northern Michigan at the time and he was down here). As my luck would have it, I was not offered a job down here until late March....a little too late. However, I think that things are becoming a bit better between us (we are still "friends") now that I am much much closer. Who knows what the future will bring!

As long as you both make an effort to visit eachother every couple of weeks and call eachother and write often then things could work out just fine! Showing up unexpectedly and suprising her would be a great idea too!

-Haley

jessicakicksbut

I have a co-worker who has been with her LD boyfriend about 4 years, just got engaged last year. She lives in the northern part of America, while he is stationed oversees with the Army (he has been the entire relationship). I don't know how they do it? Hers is the longest LDR I have ever heard of!!! She works full-time and is going back for her Master's, so she keeps herself busy, probably helps. I wish them all the luck in the world, as well as yourself.

daisywindmill

It's so good to hear of LDR that work. Mine has been going for nearly 14 months now and admittedly sometimes it's hard, but in general we are both very content and we see eachother whenever possible. We have contact EVERY DAY which is a must for a relationship like this; we speak on the telephone a couple of times a week and text daily; we don't email as much as we used to, that fizzles out when you actually speak on the telephone and send around one hundred messages a day lol; and yes, surprise visits are fabulous! I've done this a couple of times, on the spur of the moment, and he loved it. The feeling you have the day you know you are going to see eachother is undescribable, so exciting, almost like a first date again, but the down side is the goodbyes which we are finding harder each time, but the best way to combat that is to concentrate on all the good things you have at home, keep very busy with friends and family and hobbies, and at all times maintain that contact with your gf/bf and before you know it, it's time to see them again! We intend to live together in about 12 months or so time (I have family commitments and can't walk away from those. I'm also studying) so we always have that focus for the future and that keeps us going to. As I've said before, it's up to you to make it work, it takes both of you to put alot of effort into a LDR relationship, but to me it's worth it!

yeah uhm, we've been together for 3 months and shes been living out of my town...

we're getting to stay together for about a whole month this summer before she moves back