Far away and need advice...

Hi,

(sigh)

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and need some advice. I met a woman online and we've hit it off. The problem is, she lives 4 hours away (about 250 miles). We met for the first time last weekend and I'm trying to figure out how I can spend more time with her - it's way too soon to know whether we're really compatible and the only way to find that out is to spend more time together which might mean moving (I can already tell she's getting a little depressed by the distance problem and so am) I think we have a lot in common but inorder to really know I have to be near her more.

Help (sigh)

:(

You really like to gamble. Potential relationships are hard enough to predict with people who live very close to you. To move 4 hours away just to see if the two of you are compatible is pretty bizarre.

Right now, most of what the two of you have exists in your minds. Until you have spent a LOT of time with her in person, you just won't know.

So moving will be a very major gamble. If the relationship lasts a year, then it will coincide with the length of a normal apartment lease. If it doesn't, you'll be stuck there or be forced to pay out the lease.

Right now, everything is peachy but my advice would be to convert this into a nice friendship and pursue romance with someone closer to where you now live. And don't think I'm not a romantic. But after you've been around the block a few times, you start combining romance with practicality.

If you heart's already got your head in a tailspin, go ahead and move. Just remember the expenses of moving, finding a new job and so forth may be the high price you will pay for a big heartbreak....or she could be the love of your life.

Are you a gambling man? This is a gamble a lot of pros in Las Vegas wouldn't touch with YOUR dice!

Would it be feasible for you two to stay with each other every weekend or something? From where I live, it's a 4 hour drive to Minneapolis/St. Paul, so I know that a drive like that isn't peachy, but maybe it's something that can be done that isn't as concrete as moving?

Not to sound harsh, but if you only met this chick last weekend, how can you even know if it will work out? I know the only way to find out is to be with each other, but moving on the chance that things will work out is kinda fruity, if you ask me.

You sound like a hopeless romantic :p and that's cool. But sometimes you need to listen with your head instead of your heart. Trust me, from one hopeless romantic to another.

Good luck in whatever you decide.