Long distance relationship/love songs for missing someone?

I've had to become long distance with my boyfriend again after a month together and it hurts so badly.

When you are missing your loved one desperately what songs do you listen too and relate too?

What are your favourite long distance songs to listen too when sad?

*Rachel

i dont really listen to "long distance" songs. the music that makes me feel better is anything i like to sing to, and anything that reminds me of him. i listen to "our song", songs we have danced to, and songs that we've listened to together and shared an interest in together (that would be a very wide and peculiar range... from frank sinatra to barenaked ladies to rebelde). actually most love songs I don't like listening to (except "our" song...etc) I find that love songs are an artist's personal story and that I have no place in it and I find I cannot relate to it.

i dont know, who is your favorite artist? do you two have a song, or is there a song that reminds you of the memories you have?

awww!! *hugs!*

"Hey There Delilah" -Plain White Tees

"Lucky" -Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait (this one's my favorite)

I just heard one on the radio yesterday that sounded like it might be a long distance one, but I don't remember any of the words haha. When I hear it again I'll let you know!

Also, any song we've heard together, really. Like the opening song from the movie Wall-E, or Day and Night by Kid Cudi, which we heard when we walked into a shoe store and two store employees sang along and it felt like we had walked into a musical haha.

Speaking of LDRs and music, does anyone think making a mixed tape/cd/mp3 collection for your sweetie is out of date these days?

Speaking of LDRs and music, does anyone think making a mixed tape/cd/mp3 collection for your sweetie is out of date these days?

heck no! when my honey left on a plane, i sent him with a mixed cd full of songs that meant something to the both of us (even though he already has those songs on his itunes, it meant something to him to have a collection of our songs on something tangible like a cd). well, maybe cassette tapes are a little out of date :-p i think it would be adorable though, if he has a cassette player.

heck no! when my honey left on a plane, i sent him with a mixed cd full of songs that meant something to the both of us (even though he already has those songs on his itunes, it meant something to him to have a collection of our songs on something tangible like a cd). well, maybe cassette tapes are a little out of date :-p i think it would be adorable though, if he has a cassette player.

That's so cute! I'll have to compile a cd or something for him some time. He's high tech, so I don't think he has a cassette player lol.

I heard that song on the radio again!! It's called "Down" by Jay Sean ft Li'l Wayne. Li'l Wayne's solo has the long distance part, but the whole song is about the guy making his girl feel better when she's upset and letting her know she's the only one, like my boy just did for me tonight... :love:

Katherineos123

Transatlanticism by Death Cab for Cutie

Kinda mopey... Im not usually a huge Death Cab fan. But this song really nails it! :)

The Atlantic was born today, and I'll tell you how:

The clouds above opened up and let it out.

I was standing on the surface of a perforated sphere

When the water filled every hole.

And thousands upon thousands made an ocean,

Making islands where no island should go.

Oh no.

Most people were overjoyed; they took to their boats.

I thought it less like a lake and more like a moat.

The rhythm of my footsteps crossing floodlands to your door

Have been silenced forever more.

The distance is quite simply much too far for me to row

It seems farther than ever before

Oh no.

I need you so much closer...

hmm well my boyfriend is the music type of guy and right before he left he told me of a few songs that made him think of us because of the long distance. THese are really good, but really sad, so I warn you against making yourself even more sad with songs. Trust me on that one. In any case ill put the ones i think are awesome with the best lines in my opinion

Starlight by Muse

Far away This ship is taking me far away

Far away from the memories

Of the people who care if I live or die

I'll never let you go

If you promise not to fade away, never fade away

Set the Fire to the Third bar by Snow Patrol

I'm miles from where you are,

I lay down on the cold gound

I, I pray that something picks me up

And sets me down in your warm arms

I thought of telling him of this next song when he left but thought it was way too sad and didnt want to leave on that note. Yet i still thinks is really sweet

Wish you'd stay by Brad Paisley

Wish you the best

And I wish you nothing less

Than every thing you've ever dreamed of

And I hope that you find love along the way

But most of all

I wish you'd stay

There are a million more, but as I said becareful listening to these types of songs too much cuz they might depress you even further.

I think the begining of LDR is really rough, but hopefully things get easier as time goes by. Hugs to you and good luck!

so i just looked up set fire to the third bar video....omg, if you can, check it out.

I dont know about you but how they portrayed the distance is exactly how I feel about it. Totally prison like.

hmm well my boyfriend is the music type of guy and right before he left he told me of a few songs that made him think of us because of the long distance. THese are really good, but really sad, so I warn you against making yourself even more sad with songs. Trust me on that one. In any case ill put the ones i think are awesome with the best lines in my opinion

Starlight by Muse

Far away This ship is taking me far away

Far away from the memories

Of the people who care if I live or die

I'll never let you go

If you promise not to fade away, never fade away

Set the Fire to the Third bar by Snow Patrol

I'm miles from where you are,

I lay down on the cold gound

I, I pray that something picks me up

And sets me down in your warm arms

I thought of telling him of this next song when he left but thought it was way too sad and didnt want to leave on that note. Yet i still thinks is really sweet

Wish you'd stay by Brad Paisley

Wish you the best

And I wish you nothing less

Than every thing you've ever dreamed of

And I hope that you find love along the way

But most of all

I wish you'd stay

There are a million more, but as I said becareful listening to these types of songs too much cuz they might depress you even further.

I think the begining of LDR is really rough, but hopefully things get easier as time goes by. Hugs to you and good luck!

Brilliant 2 first songs! Set Fire to the Third Bar got me into Snow Patrol. Saw them in concert earlier this year. Brilliant!!

Lovin a scrapper

Lets see................ Highway to Hell by AC/DC or 666 The number of the beast by Iron Maiden? :lmao: Lol of course Im kidding.

Rayette and I have kinda taken to Here Without You by 3 Doors Down.

Mostly songs/bands we share a love for or have seen in concert. Anything by Coldplay, Keane, Snow Patrol, Elbow, etc...

And of course our song that we'll first dance to (but that's a secret!) ;)

My personal favorite is "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon. My boyfriend's is "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts.

But the song I most relate to on the long distance relationship level is "West Coast" by Coconut Records. Amazing song, I really recommend it. Lyrics are below:

For a second there i thought you disappeared

It rains a lot this time of year

And we both go together if one falls down

I talk out loud like you’re still around

And i miss you

I’m going back home to the west coast

I wish you woulda put yourself in my suitcase

I love you

Standin all alone in a black coat

I miss you

I’m goin back home to the west coast

And if you shake her heart enough she will appear