am I being too high maintenance?

I have been with my boyfriend for almost a year, six months ago, I moved to a city 5 hours away from him to go to school. We decided that we loved eachother enough to stay together. He even gave me a promise ring when I left so that when I was finished school we could start a life together.

I have a week off school now starting on Feb 15. He booked off work starting Feb. 14, so he could come visit. The plan was for him to come on the 15th. He called me on the night of Feb. 14 (Valentine's day) to tell me he wasn't coming until the 16th because he didn't feel like driving that day, and he wanted to spend a day by himself.

We haven't seen eachother for a month and a half, and I assumed that he'd want to see me as soon as possible, but he'd rather sit at home and do nothing than come see me.... I was really, really upset, and when I confronted him, he told me I was being rediculous, because he was only putting it off by one day.....yet I feel like I don't play as important a role in his life as he used to.

Please help me, do you think I am being rediculous, or am I justified in being upset with him?