Lost Communication.

My SO and I have been together for about a year and things have been a roller coaster ride of good days and bad days, from misunderstandings to wanting to cry on each others' shoulders. We always seem to leave though with smiles on our faces.

Usually, we talk everyday about random stuff or how each other has been, but now I feel like not talking to her much. I want to talk to her but at the same time I do not want to talk to her.

Is there something wrong with me?

Is it that you don't want to talk to her,or you don't want to talk to anyone? I go through phases in which I feel kind of down or introverted and not very talkative or social, it doesn't mean I don't want to talk to my bf.

Lovin a scrapper

I always make time to talk and text Rayette each and every day no matter what. If im feeling in the non talkative mood, it always changes when we start our conversations. Its so awesome how things can change just by hearing her voice.

• Author

It's just her. Like when I can talk to her when we're in a large group chatting but one-on-one they're these walls of awkward silence that I can't stand but don't know how to break.

Katherineos123

Sometimes it seems difficult to keep an interesting conversation going with someone if you talk to them everyday... I mean, sometimes theres really nothing to say... haha. "hi hunny, how was your day?" "good, how was yours?" "Good."

... well, i see nothing has really changed since yesturday.... hahaha.

Its hard because in an LDR you lack the intimacy of everyday life, and when you have to explain these everyday occurances to your SO over the phone, they seem mundane and well... simply put, not worth talking about...

this is one of the challenges of being in a LDR. At least for me. I am NOT a phone person, never have been, never will be... and neither is my bf... in fact, he's way worse than me!!

But, you have to stay in touch. Find things to talk about. Watch a program together, or talk about world events... some crazy story you heard on the news... anything! Of course there are going to be days when there is more or less to talk about than others, but staying in touch in crucial.

I feel like what youre describing is a natural lull. Relationships tend to go through waxing and waning periods.

Do you guys see each other semi-often?

• Like 1
  • Author

She lives in Georgia and I live in Texas. =/

We haven't seen each other at all.

She's going into the military and will be able to travel all across the world so when she does, she can come visit me on with her vacation days but until then no show. D:

So this would be a slump and I should just ride it out but still try to talk to her?

hoping2heal
She lives in Georgia and I live in Texas. =/

We haven't seen each other at all.

She's going into the military and will be able to travel all across the world so when she does, she can come visit me on with her vacation days but until then no show. D:

So this would be a slump and I should just ride it out but still try to talk to her?

You mentioned a roller coaster ride of good and bad days. Maybe that's why it's getting that way?