question about distance

HELLO

Just a question, primarily for ladies. I am involved in a long distance relationship. Everything is going well, and has been for about 3 weeks, but there is one small, probably insignificant problem; she never calls me. She will initiate conversation online, or if i call her and she is busy she will call me back, but if i let the day turn to night without speaking talking to her at all, she never calls. Obviously im not trying to prove a point or look for confrontation, and i love to talk to her, so i end up calling her.

Ive thought about the economic part of things, and she does get free long distance, and nights and weekends on her cell phone, so i dont think its a money thing, but it has been bothering me.

I havent asked her about it, and maybe i should instead of typing on this forum, but i figured i give it a shot. THANKS FOR READING

especially after an average day, with nothing especially interesting to report. I'm such a person. Yes, women can be that way!

It's probably an indication that she's not utterly consumed by the relationship -- which is a good thing. As long as she's initiating communication with you via email, she's hardly neglecting the relationship.

But why not cut down on your calls to her? See if she notices. Or wait until she's got something "reportable" going on, and then don't call her -- see if she calls you instead to tell you about what happened (friend's b-day, whatever). Maybe she won't call that day, but she'd probably call the following day if she hadn't yet spoken to you.

ThisGirlNameKD

I agree. My husband and I met on line and I always preferred chatting with him on line compared to talking to him. Not that I didn't like his voice or anything, it's just that I was never a phone person. Everyone isn't. But the only way to find out is to ask her. Ask her "how come you don't call me"?

just flat-out ask her. If it's a question of economics (some people do not like relying heavily on their cell phones even if they feel they "must" have them), Sam's Warehouse sells prepaid calling cards, and for under $25, you can get 600 minutes, and they're a wonderful investment if you're on a budget.

if it's about her not being a phone person .... well, find a good compromise. Don't call her as much, wait for her to call you when she wants to talk and in the meanwhile, enjoy having a resource like e-mail and IM. Sometimes it's easier for people to write than it is to talk, because they're more confident with what they have to say through writing.

Or maybe she is a traditional kind of girl who believes that the man should do the calling.

Personally, I never call guys unless it's to specifically return a call. <shrug> Everyone is different.