Fast Update about 4th of July!

Ok will try to keep this short... For those just joining my little life dramas, I have an 8 year old daughter, a STBex husband (still living in the same house, separate bedrooms, on EXCELLENT terms), an LDR I have been involved with since last summer, and STBex has girlfriend since about December.

Well my LDR flew in Thursday the 2nd. He and my STBex have met before but only briefly (everyone was nice). STBex's GF flew in Friday. I have never met her and was worried about it (there's some history with her and wasn't sure how it would affect our meeting, but apparently she was so nervous about meeting me that she was close to throwing up). Daughter has met both SOs on separate occassions and likes them both very much.

Daughter stayed at grandma's on Friday afternoon/evening, and the 4 of us went out for drinks and dinner. Went VERY well. We got along great - not best of friends but considering the situation I don't think it could have gone any better at all.

On the 4th we had a BBQ with about 20-25 friends and family, most of whom met our SOs for the first time... went so well, my father in law invited me and my SO over to their place for BBQ the next time he is up, even though my STBex will be out of town that weekend! I was concerned about how my friends might be with my SO, but they all seemed to like him very much - not that I need their approval, but not having conflicts is certainly a plus!

Went into NYC on Monday with SO and daughter, did Central Park zoo, dinner in Times Square and Empire State Building at night (gorgeous!). Stayed overnight then did Statue of Liberty on Tuesday. Had a fabulous time, and daughter just loves my SO.

Things are moving forward on nearly all fronts. SO is waiting for HIS STBex to sign her divorce papers so he can get them and sign them as well (his court date is in about a week, so even if she stalls it will be done by then), and in the meantime is still working on making some more contacts for jobs here. Is also going to depositing money in a joint account so we can have a little something to start with when he's able to make the move (I am hoping for October). I get the distinct impression that my STBex's SO is hoping he and I will file quickly, but I would be left without health insurance and cannot afford COBRA coverage so I understand her desire but she will have to deal for now. STBex and I have an agreement that I will be taking to an attorney this week to draw up, then when we are ready to go we just submit paperwork to the courts.

So my STBex and SO get along really well, but honestly I think it will take more time between his SO and me to really be comfortable with each other. I think part of it is female competition (despite there not really needing to BE any competition, I think there is a very natural instinct among women sometimes), some of it is simply not knowing each other very well and not sure where we stand exactly.

So, long story short, I think there are two more successful LDRs to add to the list. :)

Island Girl

Oh Kiki I am just thrilled for you!

It seems things couldn't go any better if they were on paper written out like a script!

And the STBex's parents being so accepting as well!

That will make things SO EASY for your daughter.

CHEERS!!!!

:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

Lovin a scrapper

Thats awesome Kiki. Im happy that things are going so well.

I love good news. :)

• Author

Thanks everyone :) here's hoping all the pieces fall into place like we want them to.