"hopeless" situation...?

Hi, i'm new here. Is this where i'm supposed to post? I've been reading the posts here for quite some time now, sort of preparing myself for the separation with my boyfriend. Anyway, he left two days ago to return to his home country, and here's the story... i'll try to keep it as short as possible..

Because of his father's job, he moved to my country for the past three years of highschool. We've been together for nine months now, and I feel that we have loads in common, and understand each other well. There's this sort of synchronicity, and we love each other very much. I'm his first girlfriend, and we've been through so much together. He's also my best friend.

Anyway, we're both going to uni in the states, but i'll be in seattle, while he'll be in north carolina. That's around.... 5 hours by plane? And he's probably not coming back to my country again. he'll be returning home for summer breaks, and i'll be returning to my country. So we won't have a chance to meet...?

I've been worrying about this for ages, dreading and dreading the day of his departure....now that he's not here anymore, i miss him soooo much... he called me a couple of time, but international calls are expensive, and there's the time difference, so it's very hard to catch him online..

he'll be going to the states in august, and i'll be going in september. I don't know if i'll ever get to meet him again. What do you think? is anyone in the same (or a similar) situation?

Any tips on keeping in touch? I miss him so much, and i'm such an insecure person. because of my personality, i dont think i'll be able to take all the anxiety and uncertainty... I know that i must understand him more, but it makes me sad when he sounds cold and distant (because of stress, or family stuff, or something, mostly unrelated to me) , while i'm trying my best to push my fears aside and be sweet to him. I need to trust him more, but it's very hard.

PS** please excuse me if my english is bad...

Katherineos123

Dont worry, your English is fine :)

Im sorry you two had to say goodbye to each other... that must have been heartbreaking. Im a little confused though, are you two staying together while he's gone? or are you broken up?

I'm a little confused as well. I assume you're staying together from your questions -- but you've never discussed a plan for when you'd both meet up again? Do you both really HAVE to spend the entire 3 months of summer with your families? Are there any reasons why one or both of you can't take a month off to be with the other instead? If your families are accepting you might even be able to spend a month at his home and vice versa -- and voila, you've 2 months a year together, which is more than most people have.

Calls are expensive. Skype to phone is cheaper. Skype to computer is free. What's the time difference?

• Author

Hi, thanks for your replies!

I'm sorry for the confusing post; we are still together, and we plan to do long distance, but i'm not sure if it'll work or not, since we don't have an exact date set for when we'll meet again.

We've already considered seeing each other during the summer, but since both our parents are quite overprotective, it'll be hard... and they would want us back in our home countries > <. Maybe meeting him in the US would be easier..? And the time difference is three hours (not much :)

It's only been a few days, but it already seems like we're drifting apart. He seems to be really busy, which is understandable...

but I can't help wondering why he can't take five minutes to reply my e mails, since he said he's home all day and is relatively free now. hmmmmm. Am I worrying too much? Is this normal?