I'm confused

Sorry everybody. I was just testing to see if I can still post here, as it's been a while.

I'm in a bit of a situation. Here goes:

Fom the first time we met, I knew there was something there. A feeling of familiarity, if you will. He feels the same.

The thing is, he lives thousands of miles away. He was only in my city because of a wedding. We flirted, we chatted, we went out, flirted some more, he even flirt with me at the wedding. But nothing transpired, other than a sweet kiss the last night he was in my city.

Since then, he has e-mailed me, and has made it clear about his feelings for me. He even called me, as he wants me to visit him soon. I do want to go, and I told him that I would think about it. He said, there was no pressure, and asked me point blank whether I was interested, and I said, yes (after a pause). See, I;m confused. I never thought I would fall for someone who's first of all miles away, divorced, and with two kids, and, who is older. So, I just don't know what to think. but, I do want to go. I really would like to see him again.

This is where the confusion (on my part) comes in. Heck, I love to flirt etc..and that's exactly what I did with him. But, I was becoming increasingly drawn to him. Never mind jus the physical attraction, but I was drawn on an emotional and spiritual level as well. He told me that he never knows what I think, and that I;m so mysterious. I was holding back on him, because I was falling for him. I'm afraid to show him my feelings, so I just flirted.

I talked to my Mom about it ( I know), and she's not too keen on me getting involved with him.

A part of me does want to get involved, but a part of me doesn't. I believe he senses this, because he told me that if I ever tell him to leave me alone, he will. He will stop contacting me. I don't want him to, and I told him that, but he is one perceptive man, and no fool, (which I wasn't trying to fool him in any way). I'm no fool either, and I just want what's best. My God. I can't bring myself to tell him to leave me alone. Is this being selfish?

I don't want to get dragged in crap, and I;m sure he doesn't either. I do like him. Dammit.

Just because you like someone doesn't mean you SHOULD date them. Follow your gut...bc long distance relationships are, in my opinion, too much work for something that isn't real. It's like an internet relationship....why cut yourself off from someone who is close to you that could watch movies with you on a Friday night....someone who can hold you when a relative dies....

Being with someone who is that far, isn't fair. I'm only speaking from experience....follow your gut. If it's meant to be, then it will happen...when you two can be togetherl.

Until then, why dont you just consider him to be a "soul friend," one of those people that you are drawn to, with no explaintion why, but you just know they are meant to be in your life. BC a relationship isn't a relationship when you are that far away.

Thanks Ally Boo.

I know what you're saying. Time will tell things.

I've seen long distance relationships work, and not work, I;ve seen relationships close to home fall apart. It is hard no matter what.

I've been through my own share of heartbreaks and a whole bunch of other nonsense with men.

I've got to stop my brain from twisting like a pretzel.

have him stay at a hotel and come to you. if he wants to see you that bad, he'll come to you. you haven't mentioned anything that is so terrible - you are both flirting with each other. see what happens when you suggest that he come visit you, and that he has to stay in a hotel. then you'll get a sense of his character.