Just give me your thoughts.

Mamma's boy

Okay...

I live in Florida and I moved from Ocala to Orlando about a year ago. But before I moved, I met a girl and went out on a couple of dates. Ever since I moved here, we have been keeping in touch. The more we talked, the more I realized that she is really great. I've dated a few women since I've been here but none of them have really been all that great. So a few months ago I called up the girl in Orlando and asked her how she felt about a long distance relationship. Well, it's not really all that long distance, it's only about an hour and a half drive. But I told her (which is my own honest opinion) that all it means is that it just takes me a little longer to get to her house. But she told me that she didn't want to do that and that she would feel better if I was around. But the day before Valentien's Day, she called me up and told me that she would like to go ahead and do that. Since then, we've been talking every day on the phone and I recently went down to see her. I bought her a teddy bear as a gift and she bought me a journal with a greeting card that came with it. The other night I told her that I was falling in love with her, and she said that she is definately feels the same about me. I guess my queston is, does this story seem like it's doomed for failure? Because I honestly want to get married and have kids one day. And if it is with this person, I know I would be happy. I guess I'm just asking for a prediction from somebody because I just can't help but to be nervous about it. Well, maybe I'm just trying to study it too hard. I'm just really proud to be able to look at her as my girlfriend and I just hope she feels the same about me. Just give me some thoughts, thanks!!!

An hour and a half is not really that far. There are a lot of people that spend that much time, if not more, getting to and from work every day. The big question here is...how much time will you get to spend with this lady - in person - not on the phone or via computer?

Distance and travel time are not the problem with long distance relationships. It's how much quality time is spent together. There are couples in which one, the other or both have a job that requires they be away from each other more than they are with each other. Situations like this can be very stressful on a relationship. It can still work, but usually requires a strong base to work from. In other words...if a strong relationship was built in the beginning through frequent contact, the relationship can remain strong even with the stress of less frequent contact.

Can this work for you? Sure! Anything is possible. Will it work? There is no way for anyone to accurately predict the outcome of this situation. My view is that a couple of dates, some phone calls and a Valentine's visit is not a solid base to work from, but stranger things have happened.

Should you pursue this further? Heck, why not? However, if I were you I wouldn't lock myself into anything yet. Date her, but don't go head over heels. Keep things open to the possibility for each of you to date other people. This is your best choice until one of you is able to move into closer proximity of the other. Give it some time and see what happens.

The truth is, each of you may like the other a whole lot, but if either of you took the time to look around, you could find someone else within shouting distance to fall in love with.

If it's meant to be it's meant to be and it will happen.

Just try to see her in person as often as possible and take her to DisneyWorld now and then...do that and all will be well.

And don't forget to wish upon a star!

are you talking "failure" as in new-relationship jitters, or "failure" because of the long-distance factor?

When I met and began dating my husband, he was working on contract at the naval air station in the town where I went to college. when he returned to Florida, I stayed in Texas. we kept in touch, then *seriously* started dating after he took a contract in Saudi Arabia, and married about six months before that contract expired!

Not saying that it hasn't been easy on us, the time apart, but I think if we had not had that experience, our relationship wouldn't be as well tempered as it has. It caused us to pretty much cut to the chase and decide whether we seriously wanted to be trusting of and committed to each other. But, that's something you and your sweetie have to decide, whether what you've got is worth that initial sacrifice.

Good luck, and keep us posted...

Okay... I live in Florida and I moved from Ocala to Orlando about a year ago. But before I moved, I met a girl and went out on a couple of dates. Ever since I moved here, we have been keeping in touch. The more we talked, the more I realized that she is really great. I've dated a few women since I've been here but none of them have really been all that great. So a few months ago I called up the girl in Orlando and asked her how she felt about a long distance relationship. Well, it's not really all that long distance, it's only about an hour and a half drive. But I told her (which is my own honest opinion) that all it means is that it just takes me a little longer to get to her house. But she told me that she didn't want to do that and that she would feel better if I was around. But the day before Valentien's Day, she called me up and told me that she would like to go ahead and do that. Since then, we've been talking every day on the phone and I recently went down to see her. I bought her a teddy bear as a gift and she bought me a journal with a greeting card that came with it. The other night I told her that I was falling in love with her, and she said that she is definately feels the same about me. I guess my queston is, does this story seem like it's doomed for failure? Because I honestly want to get married and have kids one day. And if it is with this person, I know I would be happy. I guess I'm just asking for a prediction from somebody because I just can't help but to be nervous about it. Well, maybe I'm just trying to study it too hard. I'm just really proud to be able to look at her as my girlfriend and I just hope she feels the same about me. Just give me some thoughts, thanks!!!

Instead of looking into the future for a family with this women, just go with the flow. Right now you too can spend weekends together or days that its possible. An hour 1/2 is not too far.

I lived in Jax beach for 3 years and often drove to Lake city to spend the weekend with friends. I ejoyed the heck out of it. You will too.

Okay... I live in Florida and I moved from Ocala to Orlando about a year ago. But before I moved, I met a girl and went out on a couple of dates. Ever since I moved here, we have been keeping in touch. The more we talked, the more I realized that she is really great. I've dated a few women since I've been here but none of them have really been all that great. So a few months ago I called up the girl in Orlando and asked her how she felt about a long distance relationship. Well, it's not really all that long distance, it's only about an hour and a half drive. But I told her (which is my own honest opinion) that all it means is that it just takes me a little longer to get to her house. But she told me that she didn't want to do that and that she would feel better if I was around. But the day before Valentien's Day, she called me up and told me that she would like to go ahead and do that. Since then, we've been talking every day on the phone and I recently went down to see her. I bought her a teddy bear as a gift and she bought me a journal with a greeting card that came with it. The other night I told her that I was falling in love with her, and she said that she is definately feels the same about me. I guess my queston is, does this story seem like it's doomed for failure? Because I honestly want to get married and have kids one day. And if it is with this person, I know I would be happy. I guess I'm just asking for a prediction from somebody because I just can't help but to be nervous about it. Well, maybe I'm just trying to study it too hard. I'm just really proud to be able to look at her as my girlfriend and I just hope she feels the same about me. Just give me some thoughts, thanks!!!