long distance seperation

I have been with my boyfriend for a year and half. Most of it has been long distance seeing as i live 1000 miles away and am going to college. just recently my boyfriend would start fights with me and make smart ass remark to me like i was stupid or something. i finally talked to him about it and he said that the distance was to hard for him but he still loved me and still wanted me to see him and still wanted to hang out together. he told me that his parents were together and than split. they got back together after six years and are now married. he says he wants that to happen to us. In the relationship i always felt like i put in 100 percent and he put in 0. but i love him and really didnt care. im just a nuturing person who would do anything to make it easier for us. he just doesnt want anything to really change in his life right now. we wont move to florida where i live because it is to hot and he wont visit me in colorado when im with my mom cause he says its too awkward. but he wont even try. he does want me to come up in october and i plan on doing so. we had talked about getting married and having kids and alll that but he just wimped out and let hard be an excuse but we still talk like we are together. i just dont know what to do i love him so much and think he is the guy for me. but should i wait around for him, should i go see him still. or should i not call him and let him see if he misses me like he says he does. i just dont know please provide input