LDR to Living together

Hey guys,

I need your advice on this situation. I recently visited the guy that I had been in an LDR for about at year, we had dated previously for a bit, broke up and reconnected. He's relocated to the city where I want to live (where is where we went to school so we have a lot of friends there) and has set up, etc.

Now I'm going to go live with him (plus his rooomate and gf) basically while I look for a full time job. I'm having my doubts about the situation, anything from "what if he changes his mind" to "what if we get sick of one another because we'll be seeing one another 24/7". A lot of it is because I won't have control over the situation which is an issue in itself, but there you go. Anyone else experience this or have any advice? I am 23 and so is he.

yep been there. WAIT until u find a job there 1st, then move. TRY not to live with them unless you are working. try to get your own roomie and your own place very quickly. my BF had doubts and made my life HELL bcuz i had nowhere else to go. if you have doubts, they are for a reason!

• 3 weeks later...
Angel Goddess 13 22

My bf and I met online in July 05 and I moved out from a 15 yr relationship-totally for myself- in Oct 05. We started talking every day and we started seeing ourselves in a ldr with lots of feelings that we knew so much of the other. Jan 06 he came to visit with me and my boys for 2 weeks. Then in March/April I went to see him for 2 weeks. Our families loved our new partners. He quit his job in the usa and moved to me in canada at the end of May 06. We have been living together -I have my boys 4 on and 4 off-for just over 6 months. I admit that things can never be perfect but if the two of you and your family and friends-especially the ones that support you-talk about everything not just the things that feel good then there is hope. It is natural for there to be frustrations,but also love. There will be lots you agree on and lots you dont-what makes the relationship is how you work with this information. The best is to share everything with your partner, even if you know they don't want to hear it or know it. When you are scared it is only cause you are afraid of their reaction-try to react to your partner how you would like them to react to you if you were in there shoes. If the 2 of you are not ment to be it is important to know it as soon as you can-most of all you have to be you-comprimise and agreeing to disagree are options too!! If you were ment to be you will know it-no guessing-just knowing!!!!! Don't be afraid to talk to others-that is the best way to learn about things you need to know without making the mistakes yourself.