MY boyfriend lied about his age.

dxxxkelliexxxd

my name is kellie and I dont know what to do. My and my b/f been together for about 4 months now. In the beginning of out friendship we hung out and did stuff together and got to nkow eachother. He finally wanted to go out with me and I said yes! Our relationship is great and I never thought this would be the best relationship I ever been in. After 4 months of telling me he was nineteen going on twenty in March but after 4 months he told me he turns twenty this september! How should I feel about this huge lie??!:(

After 4 months of telling me he was nineteen going on twenty in March but after 4 months he told me he turns twenty this september! How should I feel about this huge lie??!:(

Maybe he forgot? :laugh:

In all seriousness, I don't really see this as a BIG lie- however, a lie is a lie, and every body lies for different reasons.

Why don't you just ask him his motive behind such an insignificant dishonesty?

How old are you? Maybe if you are significantly younger he was trying to lessen the age gap between you guys for your own comfort level.

That's a weird lie. It's not like there's that big a difference either (6 months?).

Maybe he was trying to make himself seem younger so you wouldn't be scared off... But 6 months? Weird.

This is not a huge lie. Just keep your head up for anything truly serious.

I agree...seems pretty trivial...but let him know not to do it again if it bothers you that much.

yeah.. the 6 month gap is really strange. if he was going to lie , i would think it would be years. you have to ask him because i'm really curious what it could be.

and its not worth breaking up for. unless he lied because..

damnit

i can't think of ONE thing he would lie for

Women lie about their age, their weight, even their shoe size all the time. Why all the fuss?

(I'm starting to smell troll...)

I have been seeing this a lot lately and it is really sh*tting me to be honest. Just because some one is lost, and is a little more naive, or confused about something does not mean they are "a troll". There should be an LS rule against people using doubt as a cruel criticism tool.