Overwhelming guilt

My boyfriend and I have been together for about a year, and live together as well. Our relationship has been a bit rocky lately because I feel that he's not giving me any attention, and we've just been arguing over the little things.

Well I met a guy who kept pushing to hang out with me even though he knew I had a boyfriend. I finally hung out with him but nothing happened physically (Nor would I ever let it happen). I had a good time, but it made me realize how much I love my boyfriend regardless of our issues, and how much I only want to be with my boyfriend.

My boyfriend had known that a guy was pursuing me, and he knows that I saw him, but he thinks we were with a group of people. I don't want to tell him the entire truth because I'm afraid he'll leave me. I don't want anyone else but my boyfriend, and will never see this other person again, but my guilt is making me hate myself. Even though nothing physical happened, I know I would be torn apart to know that my boyfriend went out with another woman. We are both very jealous, and I think on some level I was trying to get back at him for all of the times I've caught him acting inappropriately.

Please help! This is so out of character to me. I love my boyfriend and can't imagine my life with anyone else. How can I deal with my guilt.

Hello,

I think you should be honest with your boyfriend. Once you start going down the slippery slope of not telling the truth it leads to all sorts of problems. If the roles were reversed wouldn't you expect your boyfriend to be honest with you? Either you have truth and honesty in your relationship or lies or deceit? Which do you choose? It seems hard to believe that this could be a dealbreaker because it seems like such a minor transgression but still you choose to lie rather than to tell the truth. Again I suggest you be truthful because lies always have a way of coming out in the end which makes them much worse. I wish you luck.